#386 pst files not correctly normalising international characters

Next Release
open
email (3) pst (2)
7
2013-10-04
2013-09-20
No

When normalising pst files characters such as 'ã' and 'ç' are being replaced with the replacement character. This should not occur.

Discussion

  • Terry O'Neill

    Terry O'Neill - 2013-10-04

    Fixed in testing branch and assigned to Kirti to test.

    This issue was caused by the use of the GNU mail libraries as a local provider for Java Mail for the mbox type. As pst files are first converted to mbox files using the readpst utility the GNU mail libraries were also being used for pst files. For mbox files GNU mail libraries assume that the encoding used is "US-ASCII" which results in this issue. I have added use of Mstor as a local provider for mbox (leaving GNU mail as a local provider for other mail protocols) which correctly handles the encoding for email parts.

    Note that as part of this fix I have identified and opened bug#387 (Email multipart in multipart not correctly handled).

     
  • Terry O'Neill

    Terry O'Neill - 2013-10-04
    • assigned_to: Terry O'Neill --> Kirti Chennareddy
     
  • Terry O'Neill

    Terry O'Neill - 2013-10-04

    Added email plugin version 3.3.2 with this fix (to allow for ease of testing by external users)

     
    Attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks