Menu

Someone please test XDM version 4.5.2 build 474 on Windows (8/7/Vista/XP) 64 bit

2014-07-23
2022-11-10
  • Subhra Das Gupta

Someone please test XDM version 4.5.2 build 474 on Windows (8/7/Vista/XP) 64 bit and share the results.

• smaragdus

smaragdus - 2014-07-23

Hello,

I have just installed and tested Xtreme Download Manager 4.5.2 Build 474 and it works fine- all the test downloads were completed successfully. My system- Windows 8 x64.

However I would suggest some features/changes:
    - In my opinion XDM's Drop Box- is too big- I would suggest that you remove the 'Close Button' but add a context menu from XDM's tray icon- 'Show/Hide Drop Box'. Additionally for easier access to 'Drop Box' you can also add an option for 'Drop Box' button in XDM's main tool-bar- clicking it shows/hides 'Drop Box'.
    - Configurable Categories or at least a new category- 'Images' (JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, etc).
    - An option for Clipboard Monitoring- when enabled, XDM will open a 'New Download' window when a download link is copied to clipboard.
    - I will also suggest a 'Silent Download' mode- when enabled, XDM automatically starts the download to the default download location.

Regards

• Subhra Das Gupta

Thanks. Nice suggestions. I will look into it.

• eastern

eastern - 2014-07-27

hi,

i m using XDM the latest you suggest in windows 7 64 bit firefox browser and in my test it doent work at all...i m prefer version 4.0 because it did working well in firefox

i m also want to suggest a few thing to you

-redesign XDM UI for instant EagleGet and Download Ninja which have a nice design perhaps you could gain a lot of user when you change this alone

i got no problem in XDM resume capability which is the best so please consider my suggestion to improve XDM UI in the latest version

• Subhra Das Gupta

What issues are u facing with firefox integration?
    Have u used advanced browser integration and basic integration?

• Yash

Yash - 2014-07-27

Hey,
    I am Naren from techsupport forum.
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-download-manager.htm

I have posted replies to your post there.
    Kindly check & reply.

• smaragdus

smaragdus - 2014-07-28

Hello,

I have just tested Xtreme Download Manager 4.7 Build 27 on my Windows 8 x64 system, great work!

'Monitor Clipboard' is working fine!

The new 'Dropbox' looks better. However it is hard to drag it to a different place- while dragging it, the 'Dropbox' was 'trembling', the old 'Dropbox' didn't behave that way. By the way the 'Dropbox' doesn't remember its desktop position if it has been changed and then disabled and then enabled again.

Please don't stop the development of XDM- it is getting better and better and more- XDM is superior to many commercial download managers!

Last edit: smaragdus 2014-07-28
  • eastern

eastern - 2014-07-28

hi developers,

i have been using advanced browser integration and basic integration you mention but it still suck in firefox 31.

i dont know why but it working fine in torch-chrome based browser

• Subhra Das Gupta

Is XDM not able to download anything from firefox (both videos and files)?.
    If problem is with videos then goto XDM setting -> general and select 0 for "notify video larger than" option.

If nothing is being downloaded then goto firefox->Settings->advanced->network and change proxy settings to "use system proxy settings"

Hope this resolves the issue.

• eastern

eastern - 2014-07-28

hi Subhra Das Gupta,

thanks for your help i m glad i can use Xtream Download Manager in Firefox without those problem anymore.

If possible i want to suggest that XDM transform its UI to a new one not for my sake but in order to attract users to choose XDM as their download manager

in my review XDM performance completely above my expectations however its UI give an expression that this download manager only 2nd behind IDM which is unfavourable to XDM

When i suggest XDM to a few my friends about this software their argue if this download manager on par with IDM why should their change it to XDM even its UI were same after all thus i think developer must come with a better UI

If you need donation to achieve this perhaps you can open donation box for user-i suggest a button to allow user click in official xdm site

Last edit: eastern 2014-07-28
  • Subhra Das Gupta

Thanks 4 suggestions. I have plans to improve the UI in future.
    BTW what solved the firefox integration issue?
    Proxy change or video notification option?

• eastern

eastern - 2014-07-28

Hi,

yes the problem have been solved it's caused by proxy change & i m glad to hear you really planning to improve XDM UI...Thanks again

• Subhra Das Gupta

Can you post me the details

• Subhra Das Gupta

please use the latest XDM 2016 and install proper browser extensions, from browser integration dialog

• Subhra Das Gupta

please use the latest XDM 2016 and install proper browser extensions, from browser integration dialog

• Subhra Das Gupta

Generally it should be stored under ~/Downloads folder.
    You can check from XDM Menu->Tools->Options->Folders