Error opening file, problem with encodings

Help
Cache
2007-04-03
2013-02-12
  • Cache

Cache - 2007-04-03

Hi!

When I try to open chm with cp1251 encoding, documents content seems unreadable, while index seems OK. In console there is following error messages:

----------------
    (xchm:1338): GnomePrintCupsPlugin-WARNING **: iconv does not support ppd character encoding: UTF-8, trying CSISOLatin1
    ** (xchm:1338): WARNING **: Could not find child for option "PhysicalSize" with id "A4"
    ** (xchm:1338): WARNING **: Could not find child for option "PhysicalSize" with id "A4"
    ----------------

This happens after updating to version 1.10. I had try to reinstall xchm, libgnomeprint etc - all, what seems related. But nothing changed.

I use FreeBSD 6.2-Release. Xchm was installed from port collection. Early versions of xchm works relative good. If you need, I can give any other debugging information.

Thanks.

---
    Constantin Schnoor.

• Razvan Cojocaru

Razvan Cojocaru - 2007-04-06

Upgraded to 1.10, or 1.11?

• Cache

Cache - 2007-04-09

Exactly 1.10. Last version in FreeBSD ports.

• Razvan Cojocaru

Razvan Cojocaru - 2007-04-10

The latest version is 1.13, I've released it today.
      Try to use that one somehow, and we can talk more if the problem persists (is it a problem at all? can you browse your chm file? except for the console warnings, is there a functionality issue?). Most likely, the problem has something to do with your build of wxWidgets, not xCHM.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks