Project alive?

Brad Laue
  • Brad Laue

Brad Laue - 2007-09-10

Hi all,

Just wondering if this project is still being maintained?

Cheers for the great app!

• Steve Green

Steve Green - 2007-09-10

Although I'd like to get back to xchat, it doesn't look promising at this point.  Currently looking for someone to take over the project.

• libc

libc - 2007-09-19

Can you setup SVN for it, and give me write access :)

I want to fix something (I sended you patches about russian hotwords, and size in user list, which not commited right now), but don't want to loose my code :)

• Rainer Müller

Rainer Müller - 2008-02-13

Good work what you have done in svn so far. But is it currently possible to build it with plugins? I would really like to have support for Python/Perl/Tcl.

• BC-Girl

BC-Girl - 2007-11-19

Looks like the project is dead. CVS obtained files will not compile, missing files and other random crap. If this is dead, we need a new maintainer. I volunteer.

• Anonymous - 2007-11-20

I would like to help a bit, but I've got to do very much till February or March. But then I am pleased to participate.

• Anonymous - 2007-12-22

I have changed my mind, I'm volunteering immediately.

• idrainu

idrainu - 2008-01-17

"01-Jul-2007  Released a new version for Linux/Unix today: 2.8.4"

would be nice to get a 2.8.4 core update... wonder if anyone will ever pick up the project, or if it has already met it's maker...

• Anonymous - 2008-01-17

I recently tried to check out from SVN, but I get very weird compiler errors, the Growl seems to be missing though it is in the trunk as well as in /Library/Frameworks.

Anyone experienced this problem and got a solution?

Additionally, I wanted to edit the ChanList.nib because the channel list doesn't scroll, but it depends on the "SGPalette", which I don't have. Would anyone please tell me where to find it?

Thanks in advance,

• Christian Boenning

the growl.framework is packed within svn.

cd xchataqua/trunk/X-Chat Aqua/fe-aqua
      tar xvf Growl.framework.tar

and try again to compile. worked for me.

• Anonymous - 2008-01-18

Thanks. The Growl.framework directory did exist, but it seems it was empty.

Still the problem with the SGPalette.

• Steve Green

Steve Green - 2008-01-18

So for whatever it's worth, there is at least 1 person actively working on this project still but he can't commit to taking over the project fully.  If you're interested in taking over the lead here please let me know.  The usual caveats apply.

• Terje Bless

Terje Bless - 2008-02-28

If the project is short a primary maintainer (and possibly additional coders etc.), why not post a notice to that effect (“Help Wanted!”) on the front page <>? Possibly also on the forums/lists.

• LT-P

LT-P - 2008-02-21

Sorry, I am not able to contribute to the code, but I would be very happy to do some testing on Leopard.

• Anonymous - 2008-03-18

I used to write software 10 years ago (ASM, Pascal, C, C++).
      I want to get back into it has a hobby. I am new to OS X , and never did Objective C, but I would like to contribute to X-Chat Aqua.

Let's work on it !

• Anonymous - 2008-03-18

hi !

I'd like to contribute to the code too.

• Anonymous - 2008-03-22

Ok. Anyone would like to start from scratch ?
      Please contact me.

• gooferix

gooferix - 2008-03-22

i think, that the best way to communicate with each other, is to join an irc channel. i opened one on #xchat-aqua.
      so, i'll hope to see you all there!

• Anonymous - 2008-03-24

Well, I'm in ;-)

• Christian Boenning

well .. i'm in as well, but still not able to contribute code due to no development-experiences.

but testing would be fine for me ;)

• Tiago

Tiago - 2008-08-03

So, is the project still alive?
      Are you updating the source to the latest X-Chat source?

What's the current status?

• Steve Green

Steve Green - 2008-08-03

The current status is that we have one developer doing minor changes but nobody managing the project.  I am currently looking for someone to take over.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks