160 lines (144 with data), 7.9 kB
# ChangeLog for libdvdcss #
* ./src/ioctl.c: OpenBSD compile fix. Thanks to ex0dus on #videolan.
* ./src/libdvdcss.h: IRIX compile fix by Michael Pruett <email@example.com>.
* ./configure.in: BeOS bug fix. I'm so lame.
* ./src/ioctl.c: refuse to build if DVD ioctls weren't found.
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:26:23 +0200
* ./test/csstest.c: renamed test.c to csstest.c.
* ./src/ioctl.c: fixed a Darwin typo recently introduced.
* ./configure.in: Darwin compile fix (added -no-cpp-precomp).
* ./libdvdcss.spec: updated specfile for RPM generation.
* ./missing: commited libtool's latest version of this file.
* ./configure.in: fixed a Darwin define problem.
* ./src/dvdcss/dvdcss.h: moved dvdcss.h in a subdirectory so that we can
include <dvdcss/dvdcss.h> without having to make install.
* ./test/test.c: removed #ifdef DVDCSS_DIST.
* ./Makefile.am: added the debian dir to the targets.
* ./configure.in: switched to a more conventional versioning scheme.
* ./src/css.c: removed a useless #ifdef.
* ./src/dvdcss.h: added a versioned symbol to the API.
* ./src/Makefile.am: use <dvdcss/dvdcss.h> instead of <videolan/dvdcss.h>.
* ./test/test.c: test program is now up to date.
* ./src/css.c: split the code into more functions. The disc and title
decryption / cracking code is now each in it's own function. Also moved the
code that looks for a weak block in the VOB to crack the title key from out
from the loop that reads them.
* ./src/css.c: added another crack method, it's disabled for now though.
* ./src/css.c: lowered some limits on the current 'weak' test.
* ./src/*: added more comments.
* ./configure.in: add -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 to the compile line to make
off_t / lseek and other file access functions used in dvdcss be 64bit.
* ./test/test.c: tell libdvdcss to get the key for the block before we
* ./test/Makefile.am: don't link to libdl.
* ./configure.in: fixed compilation of test/test.c.
* ./test/test.c: added the sample program.
* ./configure.in: do check for the unistd.h header file.
* ./src/css.c: Win32 (NT/2000/XP) fix: first attempt to open the DVD device
in read/write mode so we can use ioctls. If this fails (insufficent
privileges) we at least open in read-only mode so the libdvdcss title
decryption method can be used.
* ./src/libdvdcss.c: patch of libdvdcss to decrypt vobs when they are not
on a block device.
* ./src/css.c: with DVDCSS_METHOD=disc or key, the keys are no longer
buffered on start. The title key is still read at each block but it is
checked for change before decryption.
* ./src/css.c: made CSSAuth more rubust, should now also work with drives
that are not 100% compliant to the SFF-8090 standard.
* ./src/css.c: AGID invalidation should now work, allowing us to recover from
hung / failed authentications.
* ./src/css.c: corrected CSSGetASF, it does not take an AGID argument.
* ./src/css.c: moved several data structures from the dvdcss handle to local
variables in CSSAuth.
* ./src/css.h: removed CSSAuth as a externaly visible function in css.c.
* ./configure.in, ./src/libdvdcss.c: Win32 compilation fix.
* ./configure.in: attempt at fixing the Solaris port.
* ./src/css.c: Support for REPORT_TITLE_KEY and RPC commands by Hĺkan Hjort
* ./src/ioctl.c: HP-UX port courtesy of David Siebörger
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:18:56 +0100
* Update for libdvdcss documentation.
* Reworked Keith Packard's raw device patch. The name of the raw device
is in the environment variable DVDCSS_RAW_DEVICE.
* Fixed a bug in libdvdcss: the key wasn't searched when it had to.
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:14:29 +0100
* Got rid of DVDCSS_SEEK_INI.
* Removed the i_flags argument to dvdcss_open. Everything is done through
environment variables now.
* Fixed a buffer overflow in CSSAuth().
* libdvdcss port to OpenBSD.
* Fixed NetBSD (and probably OpenBSD) libdvdcss compilation.
* Fixed undefined KEY_SIZE compile bug mentioned by Dave Thorup.
* Fixed CSS ioctl for Darwin/OSX - still might need tweaking of 'dataLength'
* Added ReadTitleKey ioctl for Darwin/OSX.
* When using title cracking method in libdvdcss, the key is only checked at
title start, not before each chapter.
* Use of an environment variable to choose libdvdcss method.
* New features for libdvdcss: we have three ways now to decode a title key.
* 1) Crack the title key (the method that was here before). The only change
here is that we search the key for the exact chapter we are seeking with
DVDSetArea (in case the key has changed within a title). It is maybe not a
* 2) Crack the disc key, which allows us to decode instantly all title keys.
I've used an algorithm from Frank Stevenson ; it eats much memory (64MB),
and takes about 15 s at launch time.
* 3) Decode the disc key with player keys (libcss method). However, you need
licensed player keys at build time for this to work.
* Darwin ioctl, courtesy of ej0.
* If we see 3000 unencrypted blocks assume that the title is unencrypted.
* If we have not seen any encrypted block and then discover that the block
just read is not a valid block of an MPEG2 Program stream, assume that the
title is unencrypted.
* Empty keys (for unscrambled sectors) are now cached as well.
* We try to decrypt the file even if DVD ioctls are not available.
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:18:01 +0200
* Added BSD/OS libdvd by Steven M. Schultz <sms@TO.GD-ES.COM> in
extras/BSDI_dvdioctl after he suggested us to do so. License is GPL.
* ./configure now checks for an installed libdvd under BSD/OS and
falls back to ours if not found.
* Fixed harmless typos in yesterday's Solaris libdvd patches.
* Bumped libdvdcss version number up to 0.0.3.
* Solaris DVD decryption support by Hĺkan Hjort <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* BSD/OS 4.3beta1 fixes by Steven M. Schultz <sms@TO.GD-ES.COM>.
* libdvdcss* packages are now a bit more policy-compliant.
* Fixed a Win32 bug in libdvdcss. This bug was appearing on title change.
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:18:01 +0200
* Fix in libdvdcss in the key caching code.
* Changed libdvdcss API to force binary incompatibility. Yeah, this is
evil, but if we don't do it now we'll have to do it when more people
are using it.
* Fixed minor libdvdcss stuff such as the soname and compilation flags.
* dvdcss_readv() optimisations for Win32.
* Fixed _win32_dvdcss_aread() to work around the WinASPI32 64kb transfer
* libdvdcss segfault fixes.
* Fixed 2 Win32 bugs in libdvdcss (in _win32_dvdcss_readv), one of them
should have prevented the Win9x dvd input from working.
* Moved the "if(Win2k)" out of the loop in _win32_dvdcss_readv.
* libdvdcss enhancements by Billy Biggs <email@example.com>. This breaks
vlc's DVD input (looks like decoders are expecting data too early and
DVD input can't cope with it due to decryption). Needs to be investigated.
* Removed unnecessary translations in the win32 code from block offsets to
byte offsets. This was overflowing some variables.
* Reduced the complexity of the Win9x ASPI functions because we only need
to handle DVD drive access.
* Win32 code now handles seeking in areas above 2.1 Go on DVDs.
* Additional MacOS X DVD ioctl work by Eugenio Jarosiewicz
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:53:16 +0200
* First libdvdcss version (0.0.1).
* Fully working Windows DVD ioctl support by Jon Lech Johansen.
* Merged dvdcss_init and dvdcss_open into dvdcss_open, and dvdcss_close
and dvdcss_end into dvdcss_close. libdvdcss API now has 7 functions.
* Exported the CSS part of the dvd plugin into a library.