405 lines (320 with data), 13.9 kB
$Id: NEWS,v 1.117 2008/03/15 16:44:08 rocky Exp $
- Add get_media_changed for FreeBSD
- Add option to log summary output in cd-paranoia
- More string bounds checking to eliminate known string overflow conditions,
e.g. Savannah bug #21910
- add --mode="any" on cd-read which uses a mmc_read_sectors with read-type
- add --log-summary option to cd-paranoia. Unused option --output-info (-i) removed
- some small packaging bugs fixed
Note: this is probably the last GPL v2 release; GPL v3 on the horizon.
- iso-read: Add --ignore -k to ignore errors.
- Fix Savannah Bugs #18522, #18563, #18131 #19221 (possibly), #19880,
#21147 and other miscelleaneous bugs and memory leaks
- cd-info: force CDDB disc id to be 32-bits. Problem reported
by Eric Shattow.
- cd-paranoia: allow ripping before the first track. Problem reported
by Eric Shattow.
- Support for multisession CD-Extra Discs - via of Patrick Guimond
- Add iso9660_fs_find_lsn_with_path and iso9660_ifs_find_lsn_with_path
to report the full filename path of lsn.
- improve eject code for OSX
- preprocessor symbol LIBCDIO_VERSION number has to be an integer.
(Bug caused by naming version 0.78.1)
- Fix bug in libcdio.so version numbering. Also another small bug.
Thanks to Janos Farkas
- add mmc-tool
- add mmc-close-tray
- libudf: can now read (extract) file data, at least for ICB strategy
- libcdio is starting to get updated for UTF-8 support. Strings,
which are guaranteed to be in UTF-8, are returned as a new type
cdio_utf8_t, which is typedef'd to char.
- fixes to eject. On GNU/Linux we unmount filesystems first.
- Add an object-oriented C++ wrapper. (libcdio++ and libiso9660++)
- replace libpopt with getopt in cd-drive, cd-info, iso-info, iso-read
(Peter J. Creath)
- Document cd-paranoia (Peter J. Creath)
- Add cdio_eject_media_drive().
- Add more generic read_sectors()
- Document that NULL also uses default drive in close_tray, cdio_open
and cdio_open_am. Document b_mode2 paramenter not used in cdio ISO
- Some provision for handling Rock-Ridge device numbers.
- block read routines return success if asked to read 0 blocks.
- Start UDF handling
- increase use of enumerations more and decrease use of #defines
- OS Support:
DragonFly recognized as FreeBSD,
MinGW better tolerated,
GNU/Linux (and others?) LARGEFILE support
OpenBSD tested (no native CD driver though)
- Doxygen formatting improvements.
- Misc bugs:
* fixed bincue driver caused core dump on set_speed and
set_blocksize; it also called the wrong routine (from NRG) to get a
list of cd-images.
* read.h didn't make sure off_t was defined.
* fixed bug in is_device() when driver_id = DRIVER_UNKNOWN or DRIVER_DEVICE.
* OSX was freeing too much in listing drives.
* get_hwinfo was not respecting fixed-length field boundaries in
image drivers (strcpy->strncpy).
* A number ISO 9660 time conversion routines corrected with respect to
various timezone offsets, daylight savings time, and tm capabilities
- small cdda-player improvements - shows more CD-TEXT, and fix bug in
non-interactive use (Yes, I sometimes use it.)
- NRG checking parses file. string tests were invalid on short < 4
- Revise and improve example programs
- Security: replace all uses of strcat and strcpy with strncat and strncpy
- Better compatibility with C++
- a better eject routine for FreeBSD
- Fix bug in not specifying a device name in libcio_cdda
- Add S_ISSOCK() or S_ISLNK() macros for Rock-Ridge when environment
doesn't have it, e.g. MSYS 1.0.10 with MinGW 3.4.2.
- Allow building cd-paranoia if Perl is not installed.
- More accurate library dependency tracking in linking and pkg-config
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes.
- cdio/cdda.h headers no longer depends on cdio/paranoia.h but vice versa
is true. This may require an #include <cdio/cdda.h> in some applications that
used <cdio/paranoia.h> but didn't include it.
- audio volume level fix on Microsoft Windows
- fix build when --enable-shared, --disable-static
- CD-Text retrieval fix
- allow the MMC timeout to be adjusted by the application
- cd-paranoia: Add option --mmc-timeout (-m) to set MMC timeout.
We now check that integer arguments are integers and are within
- changes for libcddb 1.1.0 API change
- remove gcc 4.0 warnings
- miscellaneous small bug fixes, removal of questionable idioms or
memory leak fixes
- cd-paranoia fixes
- cdda-player fixes
- cd-drive shows MMC level
- CD Text improvements/fixes
- eject of empty CD-ROM drives on GNU/Linux
- FreeBSD audio sub-channel time reporting fixed
- Rock Ridge Extension support added
- CD audio support (play track/index, pause, set volume, read audio subchannel)
- add close tray interface (may need more work on more OSes)
- utility cdda-player to (show off audio audio support) added
- file time/size attributes fixes
- cd-info/iso-info show more ls-like attributes and more often
- ISO 9660 more accurate more often
- Add ability to look for ISO 9660 filesystem in unknown Disc image formats
- Add routine for getting ISO 9660 long date; short date fixes
- remove even more memory leaks
- Add enumerations and symbols to facilitate debugging
- Break out C++ example programs into a separate directory. More C++ programs.
- gcc 4 fixes
- cdparanoia included - with regression tests and sample library programs
- added setting/getting CD speed, finding the track containing an LSN.
- improve cdrdao image reading
- iso-info options more like cdrtools isoinfo.
- cd-drive/cd-info show more reading capabilities and show that.
- cd-info now shows the total disc size.
- Filesystem reorganization to better support growth and paranoia inclusion
- FreeBSD 6 tolerated, CAM audio read mode works.
- improve Win32 driver, e.g. audio read mode works better for ioctl.
- mode detection fixes
- all read routines check and adjust the LSN so we don't try to access
beyond the end of the disc
- C++ fixes
- Update documentation
- Some Joliet support.
- Portability fixes for C++ and older C compilers.
- Work towards XBOX support.
- TOC for DVD's works more often
- Make generic list routines and declarations and byte swapping
routines public. Eventually everything will use glib.
- list-returning routines like iso9660_fs_readdir and
iso9660_ifs_readdir no longer return void * (and require casting)
but return the correct type.
- Some example programs have been renamed to more give meaningful
- Add iso9660_ifs_is_xa() a routine to determine if an iso image has
- iso-info now shows XA attributes if that is available.
- Some bug fixes
- SCSI MMC interface routine (all except Darwin)
- CD-Text support (all except Darwin)
- Distinguish DVD's from CD's
- Code clean-ups and reduced code duplication
- Better CUE parsing
- Reporting drive capability is more accurate
- add constant driver_id for kind of hardware driver in build
- new drive scanning routines which pass back driver as well
as drive string. Speeds up subsequent opens.
- Add interface returning drive capabilities (cdio_get_drive_cap).
- Minimal cdrdao image reading (thanks to Svend S. Sorensen)
- Some important (I think) bug fixes
- Redo types of LSN and LBA to allow negative values. Should model MMC3
specs. Add max/min values for LSN.
- More complete MMC command set
- FreeBSD driver ioctl and CAM reading works better (thanks to Heiner)
- OSX drive reading works better (thanks to Justin F. Hallett)
- cd-read allows dumping bytes to stdout and hexdumps to a file
via options --no-hexdump and --hexdump
- fewer error exits in drivers. Instead, a failure code is returned.
- better NRG reading (thanks to Michael Kukat via extractnrg.pl)
- better tracking of allocated variables (cd-read, cd-info, FreeBSD)
- iso9660: Add interface to read PVD and pick out some of the fields in that.
cd-info now shows more PVD info for ISO 9660 filesystems
- cd-info: X-Box CD detection (via xbox team mediacenter)
- More honest about mode1 reading in backends. Remove some of the bogusness.
- Fixes and simplifications to Solaris (from Ian MacIntosh): no longer
requires root access on Sunray environments
- Win32 ioctl works now on win2k and XP (and probably NT and ME)
- compiles on cygwin with -mno-cygwin (needed for videolan's vlc)
- option --with-versioned-libs now checks for GNU ld.
- portability for ARM
- add iso-read program and regression tests
- libiso9960: stat routines that match level 1 ISO-9600 filenames
translating them into Unix-style names (i.e. lowercase letters,
with version numbers dropped.)
- expand/improve documentation.
- more graceful exits when there is no CD or can't read it.
- add --without-versioned-libs
- add README.libcdio and note possible problems on different OSs
without GNU make
- Add interface for reading an ISO-9660 image
- portability fixes (Solaris, cygwin)
- Microsoft Windows ASPI/ DeviceIoControl code reorganization
- NRG image reading improvements
- Remove memory leaks
- library symbol versioning (from Nicolas Boullis)
- Go over documentation
- tag headers to give doxygen API documentation
- cd-info/cd-read now can specify library level of output
- sample program using libiso9660 added.
- add routines to return a list of devices or scan a list of devices
which satisfy any/all things in a capability mask. Should be useful
for plugins that want to find a CD-DA to play or find a plugin that handles
a particular device.
- cd-read: new program to help diagnose reading problems.
- cd-info: now displays date on iso9660 listing and translates filename
to normal conventions, gives track "green" info
- Add/expose routines to get/set time. time is reported back in entry
stat. Routines to create ISO-9660 directories and entries must now
supply the time to set on the entry.
- Darwin and FreeBSD drivers closer to having native CD support, MinGW
fixes (but not complete either)
- BSDI fixes
- Document more functions.
- create libiso9660 library and install that.
- More sample programs.
- add library routine cdio_guess_cd_type to analyze/guess what type of
CD or CD image we've got.
- cd-info can list the files of a ISO-9660 filesystem via libiso9660
with option --iso9660
- Some minimal documentation. More will follow.
- Add a simple sample programs.
- Add a simple regression test driver.
- "Smart" open was scanning devices rather than devices + image drivers.
- Cygwin/MinGW port.
- get-default-device reworked to be smarter about finding devices.
- cd-info: add --no-headers. version ID is from package now. Show default
device on "--version" output.
- API: add routine report if string refers to a device or not
- Make use of features in libcddb 0.9.4.
- Bug: eject wouldn't.
- If given .bin find corresponding .cue. If no cue, complain.
- Add RPM spec file. Thanks to Manfred Tremmel <Manfred.Tremmel@iiv.de>
- cdinfo renamed to cd-info to avoid conflicts with other existing programs
- bug in ejecting CD's fixed
- find cue file if given bin.
- cd-info: If libvcdinfo is installed show general Video CD properties
- More regression tests.
- Use pkg-config(1) support
- NRG may be closer to being correct.
- reduced overall size of package. Some regression moved to a separate (large)
- facilitate inclusion into another project's local source tree (e.g. xine)
- version number in include
- cdinfo: lists number of CDDB matches, display error message on failure,
and can set CDDB port and http proxy
- Bug: Narrow drivers to devices when source is a device.
- fix some small compile warnings and configure bugs. Require libcddb 0.9.0
- Added Support for reading audio sectors
- cdinfo can use libcddb (http://libcddb.sourceforge.net). If installed and
we have a CD-DA disk, we dump out CDDB information.
- Regression tests added.
- Don't need to open device to give get a default device.
- Better device driver selection: We test for file/device-ness.
- Bugs fixed (default device name on GNU/Linux),
Routines split off from VCDImager.
$Id: NEWS,v 1.117 2008/03/15 16:44:08 rocky Exp $