Xaraya is extensible, open source software written in PHP and licensed under the GNU General Public License. Xaraya utilizes robust permissions, data management and multilingual systems to dynamically integrate and manage content. We are pleased to announce the release of Xaraya 0.9.10 Beta. It is an exciting time in Xaraya development with the pace quickening as we approach Version 1.0. In this 0.9.10 Beta release we see further consolidation and stabilization of the code base and much enhanced functionality. There is also a move towards a concentration on performance and usability enhancements which are evident in the feature list for this release. Congratulations and thanks to all those who have contributed. I'd also like to thank our users who have been providing invaluable feedback and bug reporting during our journey towards Version 1.0. Your continued support in this area will ensure Xaraya maintains its place as a leader in Web Application Framework development and innovation.
Read on for more details of the release ...
- Reduced dependencies between subsystems
- New import and export tools to ease both site migration, and the movement of specific data to and from Xaraya
- Code rework and tidying for improved performance, security and ease in moving to PHP5
Performance and Security enhancements
- Implementation of binding variables for database calls throughout the codebase
- Improved cache management for module, block and pages, and introduction of query caching
- New Xaraya sessionless caching for anonymous site users
- Faster security checks
- Additional language support for core and modules with Xaraya now translated into over 20 languages
- Numerous improvements to the Xaraya installer, in particular default installer support for 8 languages
- Translations functionality for themes in addition to previous module support
- New configurability and translation of module names
General Module and Usability enhancements
- A number of WYSIWYG editors providing a choice in functionality,including formatting using classes in a CSS style sheet of your choice
- Navigation enhancements in the Roles and Privileges modules providing easier management
- Added functionality so Roles names can be reused, with recall and purge functions for deleted roles
- Templates for Mail and Roles email messages allowing fully customizable email messaging
- Improved notification and subscription services through enhanced Mail and PubSub functionality
- Enhancements to the logging subsystem allowing the Site Admin to configure the logger
- Improved events handler
- New dynamicdata properties, additions without core file editing, and enhancements to existing properties
- Many enhanced features in other favourites such as Xarbb and Articles
Blocklayout and Templates
- Improvements to the Blocklayout compiler and enhanced functionality
- Large scale cleanup of templates and improved code
- Improved standards compliancy for XHTML 1.0 Strict
- Enhancements to custom BlockLayout tags
.. and of course many bugfixes to the previous version.
Language Packs: http://xaraya.com/downloads/languages
Log in to post a comment.