Install Vixta Aeros 3D trough LAN

Help
camcal
2009-05-27
2012-08-27
  • camcal

camcal - 2009-05-27

Hi,

I have a network with 3 PCs, and i want to install vixta in one of them but the machine doesn't have a DVD room, i already tried using a USB but the BIOS doesn't allow to boot from it.

I've search on the web a way to install vixta on LAN but so far no luck, just only for other distros.

Is there a way to install vixta on a machine that doesn't have a DVD room or is there a CD version.

• sal

sal - 2009-05-27

there is a Live CD release:
      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=206087&package_id=305884

PS: to fit it in a CD, you must activate the "over burn" option!

• camcal

camcal - 2009-05-27

Hi.

First i want to thank you for your answer because when i went to that link before i just downloades de DVD version and didn't notice the CD one.

And second i wonder what is the big diference between the DVD version and the CD one.

• sal

sal - 2009-05-27

the diference is just the amount of applications!

• camcal

camcal - 2009-05-28

Hi,

Now my problem is other, i burned the CD version with different speeds (16x and 24x), and test them in 3 PCs but in none of them it loads Vixta.

When i boot in command line it says that there are bad sectors, but it looks that it's the iso image because when i burned the iso i checked de verify written data and it finishes correctly.

At this poin i'll try whith Simplis, even when i have read that it's a very poor version of the original Vixta.

• sal

sal - 2009-05-28

hi,

i had a similar problem loog time a go... i have changed the CDR to a new one and i will manage to boot.

by the way, i have just now uploaded a new vixta release...