Menu

What is the default keyring password ?

Help
essenby
2008-05-09
2012-08-27
  • essenby

essenby - 2008-05-09

Hi. Veery impressed with Vixta 3D (098.01), it is one of the very few distro that recognise my Atheros 5006 card "out of the box". However - do get a problem when trying to connect to a wireless network.

The network manager "sees the network and allows e to select it, but when I enter the SSID and encryptions detail, a dialogue opens asking me for a password to acces the "default keyring". I cannot ignore this, or by-pass it, and worse, I cannot guess the password! Anyone know what it is please?

• caper1965

caper1965 - 2009-06-10

I believe this was part of the initial setup on your machine. If you did not set one at the time then it probably gave you a warning message of some type that you should have one. If you didn't set one then it will most likely prompt you for it anyway. Did you try leaving it blank and hitting the enter button?

• martino

martino - 2008-08-05

i need to know the same answer, if possible

• essenby

essenby - 2008-08-07

Don't hold your breath marty. If I havene't had an answer since May I don't think we'll be getting one soon!

Think that this is just a forum for queries - not answers :-)

• Brandon

Brandon - 2008-10-04

You can make your own keyring password if you log in as root. But I cant get root's keyring password to work on other users. Does this help at all?