Menu

Problem with Vixta Aero 3D

Deviacium
2009-04-30
2012-08-27
  • Deviacium

Deviacium - 2009-04-30

Just found a good livecd for my system (with xorg starting, network, able to install rpm - my specs at the bottom) and it's Vixta.
    I needed a livecd able to run a good antivirus (bitdefender, clamav) to check an extremely virus-sick windows partition. No installation - most data is crucial and no partition meddling allowed.
    I managed to do everything just fine (still video seems to run on vesa or fb) - but after a while (around 40 mins - 1hr) interface parts start disappearing (yeah, first icons, then buttons, then bars, then apllication windows). The only thing i remain with is a flower desktop and a mouse pointer and it stays this way. Another notice - i changed wallpaper to solid dark grey to save some ram, still after this "collapse" it returned me this macro_flower_picture.
    Tried this a few times - the problem is repeative.

If i manage to enter terminal before everything collapses - it says "no such file /usr/bin/command" - even for ls'es and cd's lol.

I suppose thats something damn weird happening with ram

Another notice - this happens no matter what i do - browse menus for software or run a bitdefender full-scan.

AMD Phenom 9650
    BFG NVIDIA 8800 GTS
    2Gb ram
    DVI monitor link
    sata drive
    Asus m3a mb
    Atheros network
    Running Live from DVD

• sal

sal - 2009-05-04

hi,

sorry late answer.

have you the same symptoms when installing Vixta?

it's look like a 3D/vga problem. if you deactivate 3D the problems persist?