XAIRA
Anonymous
2011-08-17
2013-05-13
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-08-17

Hello,
    here is a sum up of what I did.
    I have build Xaira 1.26 under Ubuntu Lucid. I suppose the install went correctly, I added the required libraries, opened the port in the firewall, created start/stop scripts and run tests.

Here is the output of one test on the server side:
    # solve -p corpus_parameters.xml
    <cql><lemma>fishcake</lemma></cql>
    <solveResults solutions="1">
    <hns:xaira-hit xmlns:hns="http://xaira.org/ns/hit/1.0"><hns:omitted-characters n="297"/><w c5="VVB" hw="get" pos="VERB">get </w><w c5="AT0" hw="an" pos="ART">an </w><w c5="AJ0" hw="extra" pos="ADJ">extra </w><w c5="NN1" hw="fishcake" pos="SUBST"><hns:hit-start/>fishcake <hns:hit-end/></w><w c5="CJC" hw="and" pos="CONJ">and </w><w c5="AT0" hw="an" pos="ART">an </w><w c5="AJ0" hw="extra" pos="ADJ">extra </w><w c5="NN1" hw="spring" pos="SUBST" hns:added="end"><hns:omitted-characters n="74"/></w></hns:xaira-hit>
    </solveResults>

After, I installed Xaira 1.26 on a Win XP client, using "xaira_tools" I have created an MyCorpus.xcorpus file (the server was discovered successfully running on the specified port).
    So I launched it and xaira.exe started and seems to connect successfully to the server.

The problem is when I send the same query to the server "fishcake" I receive a run-time error : "Microsoft Visual C++ run-time library" Runtime Error ! C:\Program Files\Xaira\Xaira.exe and generate an exception and the window close. At the same time in the server log I see (IP is hidden):
    Wed Aug 17 11:23:04 2011: Connection from x.x.x.x (pid=2810)
    Wed Aug 17 11:23:35 2011: Child pid=2810 was killed with signal 11

Do you have an idea of the issue?
    Thanks in advance

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-09-07

Tried several things in the meantime:
    wanted to reinstall xaira 1.23 which is working great on the previous server but I recieved compilation errors:

Making all in indexer
    make: Entering directory `/home/xxx/SRC/xaira-1.23/indexer'
    if g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"xaira\" -DVERSION=\"1.23\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_ASM_BYTEORDER_H=1 -DHAVE_NETINET_IN_H=1 -DHAVE_ERRNO_H=1 -DHAVE_CRYPT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNICODE_UVERSION_H=1 -DHAVE_XERCESC_UTIL_XERCESVERSION_HPP=1 -DHAVE_ZLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_SOCKLEN_T=1 -DHAVE_LIBCRYPT=1 -I. -I.  -w    -g -O2 -MT Corpus.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/Corpus.Tpo" -c -o Corpus.o Corpus.cpp; \
    then mv -f ".deps/Corpus.Tpo" ".deps/Corpus.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/Corpus.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    In file included from SaraIndexContentHandler.h:21,
                     from Corpus.cpp:12:
    Indexer.h:76: error: cannot declare field ‘CIndexer::m_dump’ to be of abstract type ‘CLogger’
    Logger.h:16: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘CLogger’:
    /usr/include/xercesc/framework/XMLFormatter.hpp:454: note: virtual void xercesc_3_1::XMLFormatTarget::writeChars(const XMLByte*, XMLSize_t, xercesc_3_1::XMLFormatter*)
    Indexer.h:77: error: cannot declare field ‘CIndexer::m_clog’ to be of abstract type ‘CLogger’
    Logger.h:16: note:   since type ‘CLogger’ has pure virtual functions
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/home/xxx/SRC/xaira-1.23/indexer'
    make: ***  Error 1

I also tried to use libxerces2.8 instead of the 3.x branch but the result is not better.

So I rebuild the Xaira 1.26 server