Cannot detect the currently installed wxWidge

Help
Paolo
2013-03-22
2013-04-08
  • Paolo

Paolo - 2013-03-22

Hi
    I got this error "Cannot detect the currently installed wxWidgets port" trying to install wxShapeFramework on a mac mountain lion os against 2.9.4 wxWidgets shared installed.
    I use the usual ./configure make make install method because premake doesn't work.
    I succesfully installed wxShapeFramework on linux with absolutely no problems and with great satisfaction because this is a very very cool tool.

• Michal Bližňák

Could you explain little more what exactly is broken in Premake under OSX? The tool cannot be run or have generated project files got some defects?

• Paolo

Paolo - 2013-03-27

Hi Michal and thank you very much for your  reply and for your amazing libraries.
    Premake needs a chmod +x but this is not the problem. The problem is that running make after Premake-mac a lot of errors appear related to no header files like wx/defs.h mot found.
    I'm using wxWidgets 2.9.4 with shared compiled libraries under NetBeans 7.3 on Linux and on Mac osx Lion and Mountain Lion. In order to use wxWidgets under NetBeans some symbolic links for accessing wx setup.h are necessary.
    Under Linux I installed wxWidgets, I configured NetBeans  following the informations of this link http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Netbeans
    When I discovered your libraries I installed them under Linux with usual ./configure - make - make install method and absolutely no problems.
    Then I installed wxWidgets under Mac with more or less the some procedure but installing wxShapeFramework with ./configure make and make install method I got an error not finding wxWidgets as indicated in the title of this thread. Using premake  (after chmod +x on premake-mac)  running make I got a lot of compilation errors.
    I solved importing all source files of wxShapeFramework in my project but I'd like to use them as libraries.
    Thanks very much again

Paolo 

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks