problem with wxMDIChildFrame

Help
Don Radick
2008-12-31
2013-04-08
  • Don Radick

Don Radick - 2008-12-31

For my application I wanted to embed wxShapeFrameWork into a tabbed interface.  I found that this was not possible using the WX NoteBook because the NoteBook wants to hold panels and canvases, not frames.

So I embedded wxShapeFrameWork into a MDI parent frame.
    Surprisingly easy, just derived myShapeFrame from wxMDIChildFrame instead of wxFrame.

The only problem I'm having is loading a BMP or PNG from a
    a file.  Using your demo code (from sfdemo), the line that is failing is (Line 98 in FrameCanvas.cpp):
    pShape = GetDiagramManager()->AddShape(CLASSINFO(wxSFBitmapShape), event.GetPosition(), sfDONT_SAVE_STATE);

or the alternative:
    pShape = m_Manager.AddShape(CLASSINFO(wxSFBitmapShape), event.GetPosition(), sfDONT_SAVE_STATE);

Neither of these produce a valid pointer to pshape.
    No idea what the problem is.
    Any ideas?

• Michal Bližňák

Hi,
      I use wxSF with wxFlateNotebook and it works without any problem. You can also put a shape canvas into sizer located on some panel and use this panel together with wxNotebook.

It is quit difficult to diagnose your problem with bitmap shapes from your post, but: did you set wxSFBitmapShape as an accepted shape type in a diagram manager? ( for example, did you use some code line like this one: GetDiagramManager()->AcceptShape(wxT("All")); or GetDiagramManager()->AcceptShape(wxT("wxSFBitmapShape"));

• Don Radick

Don Radick - 2009-01-01

did you use some code line like this one: GetDiagramManager()->AcceptShape(wxT("All")); or GetDiagramManager()->AcceptShape(wxT("wxSFBitmapShape")); 

Blush, sorry,  that was the problem.
        I had several AcceptShape lines in the frame constructor, but
        not the magic "All".

I'd really like to see some examples using a NoteBook with wxSF, if
        you could share.

Thanks for the support on holiday!

-Don

• mcmajeres

mcmajeres - 2011-08-06

I was searching for an example that uses MDI and tabbed frames also.  Is there an example available that I can follow?

Thanks,

Mark

• Michal Bližňák

You can examine source code of my CodeDesigner RAD tool where the wxSF is used in tabs. For more info see www.codedesigner.org

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks