Menu

github mirror + some changed i would like integrated back in to the original project.

2014-03-29
2014-04-04
  • time_spanned_soul

Hi,

I created a github mirror at https://github.com/marius-luca-87/wxShapeFramework/tree/master witch i hope that it will make using and contributing to the project easier.

In the dreamer_patches branch (https://github.com/marius-luca-87/wxShapeFramework/tree/dreamer_patches) there are a few things i would like to see merged back in to the master repo assuming that they don't break anything else in witch case i can try to polish them more:

• add ability to propagate hovering and highlighting
      When creating complex shapes (a grid with text and images inside it) the user might wish to only see the highlight on the root component and not each individual peace.

• redo multi-selection
      Extend multi-selection to support incremental adding/removing from the selection list. Hold the shift key to keep adding to the selection and alt to remove from it.

• add ability to continue line editing if pre-connection handler vetoes
      Returning false from a pre-connection check right now cancels the operation completely. It would be more helpful if the user could pick a 3'rd option where he doesn't have to abort and be allowed to stay inside the connection mode until he find an appropriate place to connect to.

• expose ability to update shape under cursor cache
      If we want to remove the first shape under the cursor and continue work after, we find that there is no way to update the cached "m_pUnselectedShapeUnderCursor/etc..". I have added a function UpdateShapeUnderCursorCache witch exposes this functionality withouth having to wait for a new mouse event.

• add ability to start a interactive connection from a specified connection point
      The user might already have a wxSFConnectionPoint where he wants to start the interactive connection from so a simplified StartInteractiveConnection function was added.

• fix multiselection rectangle drawing when using GC
      On Windows 8 if we set: shapeCanvas->EnableGC(true) then there is a issues with drawing the multiple selection rectangle on negative selections. Basically when dragging from right to left would lead the selection rectangle to have a negative width/height witch GC can't draw.

Thanks
    Marius

Last edit: time_spanned_soul 2014-03-30
  • Michal Bližňák

Thank you for the contribution! I'll look at it as soon as possible.

• Michal Bližňák

I looks good so the changes have been merged with the trunk (rev 427) with one difference: a shape can be removed from the selection when Ctrl+Shift is held because Alt+mouse causes the frame window's movement under some desktop environments (at least under GNOME).