I'm proud to announce the release of wxFormatValidator 2.0
With it, formatting a number and validating it is featured as never before.
- It works only with wxString, allowing a very very large number. No CPU limits.
- Format style can be from very simple to very complex, allowing not
only thousands separator but also prefix,
suffix, padding, characters between digits, sign position,
exponential, scientific and engineering notation, etc.
- Different format-styles for positive, negative and zero values.
- Rounding off is an option.
- Formatted strings can be unformatted. You can read formatted strings
from a file and transform them into their
- Tolerant/Strict modes allow dismiss "typos" or complain about them.
- Range check. Several types of range definition.
- Not only "numbers" are valid entries. You can set other strings to
be accepted as valid.
- You decide what to do with an empty entry: allow, reject, replace
- You decide "when" validation will be done: while typing, when
"Enter/Tab-key", when focus is lost or combinations of them.
- You can decide if focus should be retained when validation fails.
- Coloring the control depending on validation succeed/fail.
- This validator can be attached to a wxTextCtrl or a wxComboBox.
Special wxGridCellEditor are also featured.
- Transfer the control's string to your var unformatted or keeping it formatted.
Download sources, documentation and a sample for this component at
wxWidgets 2.9 is required.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.