* New user interface
No comments here. You'll see the difference instantly. Organize your workspace with docking windows and tabs, all with nice look and feel.
Simply press Ctrl+D to bookmark your favorite place, assign nice icon and you'll never loose it on the map again. Organize in folders and search your bookmarks.
* Embedded scripting support
Create powerful scripts in Java-like language right in built-in Script Editor with syntax highlighting. Now you don't need any external tools to extend and adapt WW2D for your needs. Simple script that creates new date/time layer is included.
* Improved Layer Manager
Now you can quickly rearrange layers, change fonts, colors and opacity. Also save as many configuration schemes as you want and optionally load one of them when application starts.
* Add-on Manager
View information about all installed add-ons, compress your own add-on for distribution as single-file package, and install such add-on packages with only several clicks.
Explore Earth in your native language. Now WW2D fully supports this, includes English and Russian translations and everybody can help by translating it to another language.
* Settings Editor
Control all internal parameters, change everything you don't like in default WW2D behaviour.
Minor user-visible changes
* Hold down 'A' key and select area you want to zoom to (select-area-to-zoom feature)
* Go To dialog to go right to specific lat/lon coordinates
* Full support for working behind proxy (including user/password authentication)
* Image preview in Export dialog
* Window with sortable list of all items available in Rapid Fire MODIS
* Graphical console to view all diagnostic output without need to run from real console
* WW2D with -i <add-on package> command line option will launch Add-on Installer
* Search using wildcards
o <search text> @<layer name> syntax to search only layers you want, wildcards are also accepted
* If there are several icons in one place on the map press 'q' key to switch between them
* ImageLayer now can download its image from internet and refresh it after specified time interval
* ImageLayer now can have Legend attached to it optionally automatically showing it when layer is turned on
* Moved to new JOGL version (JSR-231)
* Native DevIL library is used everywhere for faster texture loading
* World is now specified in ww2d:// links and warning is shown when trying to open link for another world
* Code is refactored to better follow Java standards
* HideLayers parameter can be specified for LayerSet to hide its layers in Layer Manager
* ColorR, ColorG, ColorB config parameters changed to single ColorRGB parameter
* Several classes such as Settings, Updater, FontManager now have static members to use instead of getting its instances from MapCanvas
* Moved to NetBeans IDE, I really like its GUI designer
* Image export is finally fixed and shouldn't crash JVM
Log in to post a comment.