Menu

Wizards from CVS?

2004-09-16
2013-05-13
  • Johan Johansson

Johan Johansson - 2004-09-16

Hi! I don't seem to be able to find the wizards in the CVS? I am particularly interested in those/that for Whidbey.

Thanks for any insights.

• Igor Tandetnik

Igor Tandetnik - 2004-09-17

• Johan Johansson

Johan Johansson - 2004-09-19

Well... yes. But since the installation script always fails since it can't find the Files subdir of the ..\Wizards\setup dir I assumed I was missing something. I'll try to install it manually then instead.

• Igor Tandetnik

Igor Tandetnik - 2004-09-19

Ah, I see. The directory structure has changed, but the scripts were not modified to account for it.

Try relpacing

var strValue = FileSys.GetAbsolutePathName(".");
            if(strValue == null || strValue == "")
                strValue = ".";

var strSourceFolder = FileSys.BuildPath(strValue, "Files");

with

var strValue = FileSys.GetAbsolutePathName("..");
            if(strValue == null || strValue == "")
                strValue = "..";

var strSourceFolder = strValue;

You may want to file a bug on this.

• Johan Johansson

Johan Johansson - 2004-09-20

Aha! Thanks. I'll file it "for completeness" since you've already fixed it, at least on the forum.

• Nenad Stefanovic

As mentioned in bug #1030942, App Wizard setup scripts should not be run from the source code layout, but from the distribution layout.

Cheers,
      Nenad

• Igor Tandetnik

Igor Tandetnik - 2004-09-21

What is the reason the two are different?

• Johan Johansson

Johan Johansson - 2004-09-22

...and how do you transform the source layout to the distribution layout? I'm using Igor's changes to the installation script as a workaround until I fully understand this issue.

• Nenad Stefanovic

Well, there is no special reason. CVS simply has Setup folder to store setup script files there, while they are supposed to be in the main Wizard folder in the distribution layout. Long time ago I just decided not to match source code layout with the distribution one, so I can easily change things if needed.

I don't see this as a big problem. Distributions should be easily used, source code can be different because CVS changes are much harder to do.