Malformed response

Help
abesting
2020-10-07
2020-11-03
  • abesting

abesting - 2020-10-07

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a new implementation of the IEEE 11073 SDC specification in .net. I used the dpws explorer for testing and ran into an odd problem.

Certain reponse messages produce a malformed response exception (see error.png in the zip file). The problem ocurs when the "Metric" nodes appear in the response. I provided two message dumps, one is working, the other is not (see the .txt files).

I'm using generated code from XSD schemas for creating the responses and checked them using schema validation functions in .net. My other test client (JAXB deserialization using XSD schemas) in java also has no problem with the response message and java.xml's validation reports no issue.
    Right now I'm assuming it's a bug in jmeds but it would be very helpful to have confirmation to rule out any error in the generated code I'm using for response creation. For testing purposes I also put a demo application in the zip file (netcoreapp3.1 -> ExampleProvider.exe). You can reproduce the error when invoking GetService -> GetMdDescription. Could you help me out here?

Btw, is the project sill active? We have some testing tools of our own but it would be nice to continue using the dpws explorer. Two years ago I got a test version of the explorer version 4 which came with much better support for viewing elements, is this still in development?

Thank you
    Andreas

• Ingo Lück

Ingo Lück - 2020-11-02

Hello Andreas,

sorry for the delay but I had no time to try it out earlier.

I tested the example with our explorer 4. There was no problem invoking the operations of the “GetService” (GetMdDescription, GetMdState and GetMdib). I invoked each of them without an input parameter and the responses were processed without any issue.

But the wsdl delivered by the “BicepsService” is not correct and caused an error. There is the following element quite at the end of the wsdl:

<mdpws:streamtype id="WaveformStream" streamtype="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/soapoverudp/1.1/os/wsdd-soapoverudp-1.1-spec-os.html" actionuri="http://standards.ieee.org/downloads/11073/11073-20701-2018/WaveformService/WaveformStream" element="msg:WaveformStream"></mdpws:streamtype>

It has no child element but according to the MDPWS.xsd it must have at least one "StreamTransmission" element.

We are still working on JMEDS and the Explorer. However, the available resources are currently quite small because we do neither have a founded project to bear at least a part of the costs nor a concrete opportunity to earn some money with this stuff.

Best Regards
    Ingo

• abesting

abesting - 2020-11-03

Dear Ingo,

thanks for the update and the info about the wsdl! The implementation of the other services is still work in progress. And I understand the financing problems all too well. Looking forward to a release, even if it takes some time.

Best regards!
    Andreas