Menu

XP Installation, pop-up window doesn't ...

Help
ICE_BM
2011-02-21
2012-12-10
  • ICE_BM

ICE_BM - 2011-02-21

I tried to install on a fresh XP machine, never had a hylafax client on there before.

The install went ok but when I try to print to the FAX printer, the popup window does not come. A file FP00000.SPL comes into C:\windows\system32\spool\printers at 64k size, then goes to 0k size. A file of same name with SHD extension of 0k size is there too.

Was advised to try and reboot the computer, did that and tried again.

What I missed from saying in my first post was that I was driving the XP PC1 via Remote Desktop in winXP from PC2.  When I try the test directly on PC1, the pop-up window DOES come up ok.

BUT:
    If I try again via remote desktop on PC2, I noticed an error window briefly on _PC1_: "INFO: Process Token Open Error", and the print output is stuck in the spooler directory.

So somehow the cleintUI window is not able to open on PC2 via remote desktop.  I hope this helps.

thanks.

• Michal Havranek

Michal Havranek - 2011-02-21

Thank you for your information.
    Remote desktop is different situation. I have added support for remote desktop users. In version 1.0.0.5 it is possible.

Michal

• Michal Havranek

Michal Havranek - 2011-02-21

I can't test it, but it will probably OK.

Michal

• ICE_BM

ICE_BM - 2011-02-22

Hi Michal,

I have tested it today and it works fine. 

Trying to install 1.0.0.5 over the top of 1.0.0.3 gave an error (3006), so it was necessary to completely uninstall the fax printer and press 'uninstall' with the v1.0.0.5 "HylaPrintMonReg.exe" before doing "install" and then reinstalling the printer (Apple 640).

Now it is all looking good for the XP installation.

Thanks for your quick responses and patches, it is appreciated.

• Michal Havranek

Michal Havranek - 2011-02-22

Yes, uninstall older version first is necessary. Thank you for your cooperation.

Michal