FOIA VistA 20060923 SemiVivA MSC (MD5 sum c8a1253b6d82da0a36ebcdfb62adcd29) is a SemiViVA package of the FOIA VistA release of September 23, 2006 integrated with the May 26, 2006 release of MSC Fileman as released by George Timson at Hatdhats (http://hardhats.org/fileman/MSC%20FileMan.zip) bundled with GT.M V5.1-000 is available from Source Forge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvista). A SemiVivA package is a
one-step install of VistA and GT.M on a Linux machine.
Assuming the file has been downloaded as /Distrib/FOIAVistASemiVivA20060923MSC.tgz, to install on your Linux PC, execute the following, as root:
tar zxvf /Distrib/FOIAVistASemiVivA20060923MSC.tgz
This will create new directories /usr/local/FOIAVistA20060923MSC /usr/local/gtm_V5.1-000 and symbolic links /usr/local/FOIAVistAMSC and /usr/local/gtm. Please note that this will overwrite any directories or symbolic links you have with those names.
To use it, you will need to create a working environment (see http://tinyurl.com/738jk for details). To create an environment in ~/myFOIAVistA20060923MSC, as a normal user, execute:
Subsequently, to get to an interactive mode GT.M prompt in that environment, execute
To run entryref ABC^DEF in that environment, execute:
1. GT.M V5.1-000 is Copyright (c) 2006 Fidelity National Information Services, Inc, and MSC Fileman is Copyright (c) Medsphere Systems Corporation. Both are provided under the terms of the GNU General Public License (available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt\).
2. No copyright is claimed for scripts written by me and packaged herewith - they are in the public domain and provided with no warranty whatsoever. Use them at your own risk.
3. VistA as made available by the US Department of Veterans Affairs under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is in the public domain.
4. Since I reserve the right to screw up at least as well as my fellow man, please test it and provide feedback.
5. Also, please let me know what you you would like to see next.
bhaskar at bhaskars dot com