FOIA VistA 20060923 SemiVivA (MD5 sum 74b8731bd4ac70bae6dbb828598d3395) is a SemiViVA package of the FOIA VistA release of September 23, 2006 bundled with GT.M V5.1-000 is available from Source Forge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvista). A SemiVivA package is a one-step install of VistA and GT.M on a Linux machine.
One advantage that GT.M has over more conventional MUMPS implementations is the ease with which you can create development environments (details in the GT.M Acculturation CD, which you can download from the GT.M project page at Source Forge - http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm\). With FOIA VistA SemiVivA 20060923, I have altered the directory structure slightly to allow exactly the same set of routines to operate with multiple versions of GT.M. The o and g subdirectories, which used to reside in the main directory, have been moved to a gtm_V5.1-000 subdirectory. If the next GT.M release were to be V5.2-000, you would create a gtm_V5.2-000 subdirectory, with its own o and g subdirectories, where you could put object files and database files & global directory. This greatly simplifies testing and upgrading to new releases of GT.M. Of course, we are fanatical about maintaining upward compatibility, but as the old Russian proverb says, "Trust, but verify."
Assuming the file has been downloaded as /Distrib/FOIAVistA20060923SemiVivA.tgz, to install on your Linux PC, execute the following, as root:
tar zxvf /Distrib/FOIAVistA20060923SemiVivA.tgz
This will create new directories /usr/local/FOIAVistA20060923 /usr/local/gtm_V5.1-000 and symbolic links /usr/local/FOIAVistA and /usr/local/gtm. Please note that this will overwrite any directories or symbolic links you have with those names.
To use it, you will need to create a working environment (see http://tinyurl.com/738jk for details). To create an environment in ~/myFOIAVistA20060923, as a normal user, execute:
Subsequently, to get to an interactive mode GT.M prompt in that environment, execute
To run entryref ABC^DEF in that environment, execute:
1. GT.M V5.1-000 is Copyright (c) 2006 Fidelity National Information Services, Inc, and is provided under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt\).
2. No copyright is claimed for scripts written by me and packaged herewith - they are in the public domain and provided with no warranty whatsoever. Use them at your own risk.
3. VistA as made available by the US Department of Veterans Affairs under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is in the public domain.
4. Since this is a new directory structure, since the scripts are improved (perhaps "modified" is a better word!), and since I reserve the right to screw up at least as well as my fellow man, please test it and provide feedback.
5. I am entertaining requests for what you would like next. Would you prefer a FOIA VistA 20060923 VivitA live CD, or would you prefer a FOIA VistA 20060923MSC SemiVivA of this software bundled with George Timson's enhanced Fileman? Please let me know. Thank you very much.
bhaskar at bhaskars dot com
Log in to post a comment.