This SemiVivA distribution is a repackaging of OpenVista 4.1 as released by the Pacific Telehealth and Technology Hui (http://pacifichui.org) on Tuesday, July 25, 2006. Assuming the file has been downloaded as /Distrib/HuiOpenVista4.1SemiVivA.tgz, to install on your Linux PC, execute the following, as root:
tar zxvf /Distrib/HuiVista4.1SemiVivA.tgz
This will create new directories /usr/local/HuiVista4.1 and /usr/local/gtm_V5.1-000 and symbolic links /usr/localHuiVista and /usr/local/gtm. Please note that this will overwrite any directories or symbolic links you have with those names.
To use it, you will need to create an environment where you will work (see http://tinyurl.com/738jk for details). As a normal user, to create an environment in ~/myHuiVista4.1, execute:
Subsequently, to get to an interactive mode GT.M prompt in that environment, execute
To run entryref ABC^DEF in that environment, execute:
1. The M routines in the directory /usr/local/HuiVista4.1/r are exactly as downloaded from the Hui web site.
2. In order to save space, global variables in the database provided with OpenVista 4.1 were extracted and re-loaded into a freshly created database. They are otherwise unaltered.
3. /usr/local/HuiVista4.1/p contains two routines XPDR.m and XWBTCPM.m. XPDR.m as distributed by the Hui, and in FOIA VistA (at least through the June 15, 2006 release) contains a line of code that is not correct for GT.M. /usr/local/HuiVista4.1/p/XPDR.m contains a 1-line fix by me. /usr/local/HuiVista4.1/p/XWBTCPM.m contains the version of XWBTCPM.m from the June 15, 2006 version of FOIA VistA that allows the direct connect CPRS GUI (CPRSChart.exe) to connect to OpenVista4.1 without the need for a callback from the RPC Broker.
4. All object files were compiled using GT.M V5.1-000.
5. GT.M V5.1-000 is Copyright (c) 2006 Fidelity National Information Services, Inc, and is provided under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt as of July 26, 2006).
6. No copyright is claimed for scripts written by me and packaged herewith - they are in the public domain and provided with no warranty whatsoever. Use them at your own risk.
7. VistA as made available by the US Department of Veterans Affairs under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is in the public domain.
8. OpenVista 4.1 is Copyright (c) 2006, Pacific Telehealth & Technology Hui and is made available under the terms of the license reproduced below from the download page (http://openvista.pacifichui.org/register_new.aspx?ref=0).
9. /usr/local/HuiVista4.1/OR_30_215 contains the CPRS GUI distributed with the June 15, 2006 release of FOIA VistA.
bhaskar at bhaskars dot com
Copyright (c) 2006, Pacific Telehealth & Technology Hui
All rights reserved.
The copyright referred to herein applies to the software code modifications and enhancements made by the Pacific Telehealth & Technology Hui to allow the FOIA version of the Department of Veterans Affairs VistA to operate under GT.M and LINUX.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice as noted on the sign-on screen of the downloaded application, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice as noted on the sign-on screen of the downloaded application, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of the Pacific Telehealth & Technology Hui nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software and works of art without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.