Menu

WorldVista EHR installation

Chris Samy
2008-08-21
2014-08-08
  • Chris Samy

Chris Samy - 2008-08-21

I am trying to install WorldVistA EHT on Cache . I did database creation, namespace creation successfully but when creating SYSTEM Manager in EHR namespaces I entered the Lastname and First name in the Select NEW PERSON NAME:  prompt and then it displays the following messages

Checking SOUNDEX for matches.
    No matches found.

. . . D STORLIST^%RCR Q
    EHR 101>

It is not proceeding further. Can anybody help me out?

• Tommy Martin

Tommy Martin - 2008-08-21

Give me the complete error message.   If the process errored out, there has to be more.  EHR pretty much runs out of the box and is a complete database.  Cache is very informative about the errors so send all of what happens and I think I can help you.  It would be something along the order of this example:

ROU>D ^ZZZZ

D ^ZZZZ
      ^
      <NOROUTINE> *ZZZZ                 <<<<< this would be the error.

Sincerely,

Tommy Martin
      Dublin, GA
      ROU>

• Sam Samalin

Sam Samalin - 2009-01-25

Hello.  I'm Sam Samalin.  I got the world vista.tar.bz2.nc package from source forge onto my red hat.  How do I install it?

Thanks.

• Sam Samalin

Sam Samalin - 2009-01-25

Actually there are about 20 files in the world vista packages.  How Do I download, install and run the software on red hat or vista 64?

Also can somebody fill me in on the project in general.

Thanks.

Sam

• Tommy Martin

Tommy Martin - 2009-01-25

Sam, under the same place you downloaded it there are several manuals on how to install it.

If you are using Red Hat Linux, you will have to have GT.M or Cache for Linux.  GT.M is free and so is Cache for single user.  However, Cache for more than single users costs $$ to get. 

You will need to read the setups carefully because there are many things that must be done to set up the directories and paths correctly.   Routines and global files must be mapped correctly for EHR to function correctly.

Good Luck

Tommy Martin

• Tommy Martin

Tommy Martin - 2009-01-25

Sam, Chris Samy never responded to my note but you can see from there that %RCR program was most likely not mapped correctly and the program errored out.  Setup is important.

tm

• zollin10

zollin10 - 2009-02-04

I installed the windows version with Cache and was able to log in.  Unfortunately the program fails with the following error : Incomplete User Information   Patient selection list flag not set.  Any ideas where / how I change this setting?

thanks

• Tommy Martin

Tommy Martin - 2009-02-04

Yes I can help you on that.  Go into EDIT AN EXISTING USER and on the fourth page "restrict patient selection" should be set to NO.

Edit an Existing User
        NAME: USER, TEST A                                                       Page 4 of 5
        _______________________________________________________________________________
        RESTRICT PATIENT SELECTION: NO     OE/RR LIST:

CPRS TAB ACCESS:
          Name  Description                          Effective Date  Expiration Date
          COR   CPRS GUI "core" tabs.                 MAY 19,2008
          RPT   Reports tab.                          MAY 19,2008

• Vince

Vince - 2009-02-27

I recently installled WVEHR on a Linux server (Ubuntu + GT.M). Everything is working fine including CPRS.

I would like to set up a telnet connection for remote access to Kernel and am not sure how to configure GT.M to allow this (new to GT.M).

Thanks for your help.

Vince

• Tommy Martin

Tommy Martin - 2009-02-28

GT.M uses port 22 and SSH for telnet connections.  PuTTY is a free, downloadable telnet client.  It is not as good as some of the other clients like Smarterm and Kea! but it does the job and it fairly configurable.  Your IP address has to be a public address and not a local IP.  If you are using a router, you will have to use port forwarding where anything that comes in on port 22 with SSH will be sent to the server IP.

Good luck.

• Vince

Vince - 2009-02-28

Thanks...

I have telnet (port 23) and ssh (port 22) configured and operational. I can telnet into the server without problem.

What I would like to do is be able to "tie" the terminal so that when a user connects they are presented with an Access and Verify code so that they can log into Vista directly and run Options defined by their Primary Menu.

I am currently running an application in MSM (I know this dates me) where you can configure a dedicated telnet port (we use ports other than 23) so that when a user connects a job starts up running ZU. It is very simple in MSM. I am looking to do the equivalent in GT.M

This must be possible since CPRS uses something similar in making a connection to the server.

Vince

• Tommy Martin

Tommy Martin - 2009-02-28

I myself have been asking that question and working on it and GT.M does not have anything and neither does Linux that I can find. It is termed "captive account".

You can supply a username in PuTTY in the data field in the configuration.  However, that is the extent of it.  The user still has to enter a Linux password.  That is nothing worse than VMS uses where you have to type a username and it supplies a captive account credentials without a password being supplied.

I did find that Smarterm (and possibly others like KEA!, CRT, etc) can "remember" username and passwords for a particular profile.  Smarterm does what you want, it sends you straight to the VistA login.  However, Smarterm cost $$$ and PuTTY is free.

Also to make it a little bit "tied" in Linux, you have to modify the .profile or .bash_profile (whichever your version uses) to tell it where to go:

[vista@martin ~]$ cat .bash_profile
            # .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
            if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
                    . ~/.bashrc
            fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH
            ####
            #this is for the vista user to go
            #directly to ^ZU, no interrupts, no suspensions
            trap "" int quit
            stty susp \000
            export gtm_zinterrupt='I $$JOBEXAM^ZU($ZPOSITION)'
            #Disable ZSYSTEM commands
            #export SHELL=/bin/false
            exec $gtm_dist/mumps -r ^ZU
            exit
            ####

Now a couple of things.  When doing this you have to disable interrupts and tty suspensions.  All of this is nice, however, but the thing is GT.M has a "feature" in it to where at the programmer prompt you can type ZSYSTEM and drop to the Linux prompt, which I consider a major security problem.  I discussed it with GT.M and they say it is not a security problem. 

Anyway if you do this below, you get to the Linux prompt, with full "vista user" privileges which leaves a lot.

GTM>ZSYSTEM
            [vista@martin ~]$

In commercial VMS systems you do not give everyone a VMS account since a lot of system damage can be done by unscrupulous people.  System level accounts require a lot of training over a regular M programmer.  Now think for a minute that you have a devious programmer who has a grudge and he finds he can drop to the system level...

Anyway I hope this helps you out.

tm

• Vince

Vince - 2009-03-04

tm...

Thanks for all your help. Your script worked to perfection and using Smarterm (SSH) I feel that I can control access and security in this environment.

I have another question...

My partner and I consult with about 40 small practices in the Phoenix area. We have been waiting for the World Vista EHR release as a practical solution for their EMR needs. After some preliminary testing and analysis we feel that we can seriously recommend it to them. It is especially appealing considering the cost (next to nothing) of using Linux and GT.M.

Our only hesitation at this point is regarding scheduling.

I notice that the WorldVista EHR included the scheduling package, which is functional, but may be a tough sell if it only comes in the 'roll & scroll' interface. To your knowledge is their a version with a 'prettier' interface? I know the IHS has developed a GUI version but I am not sure it will work in this environment.

I ask this with a heavy heart. I have been involved with Vista (DHCP in my day) since 1980 and am still convinced 'roll and scroll' is the most efficient method of data entry. But...

Again thanks for you help.

Vince

• Tommy Martin

Tommy Martin - 2009-03-05

Vince, we probably know each other.  I am Tommy Martin from the Dublin, GA VA Medical center.  I came to DHCP in 1986 and was systems manager 19 years and also the only programmer we had for M.

To my knowledge there is no current GUI scheduling although rumor is that there IS one coming some time from national development.  I wrote a Screenman interface to registration but it was "transaction" processing and did not update immediately as we are accustomed to so various things failed like checks for certain statuses and such.

I agree, roll and scroll is the best and I can put in three times the data with it that I can in a GUI scenario.  Too much going back and forth from mouse to keyboard, etc.

If I hear of one coming out I will post it here.

Tommy

• Sam Samalin

Sam Samalin - 2009-03-05

Where is documentation of how to install WorldVista on Red Hat?  I am a Physician Assistant with a computer background who would like to be able to demonstrate EHR software to the paper chart places I often work at. I have tried to unzip the release but haven't made progress.

• elham

elham - 2014-05-12

hello
    I am trying to install World VistA EHR2.0 With Single User Version Cache.but i
    have a problem in set the TASKMAN with terminal of cache....
    can someone help me ???

• Nancy Anthracite

Please contact me at nancy@worldvista.org to continue this discussion but my first guess is that you did not first SELECT the existing box:volume pair and then change it. Are you using the instructions linked to from WorldVistA.org? If you look at those carefully, you should see what I am talking about when it comes to changing that. The new version of Cache is called TryCache, so the box:volume pair you change to will probably be EHR:TryCache.

• elham

elham - 2014-05-14

yes I using this instructions :
    Node: hpTX2, Instance: TRYCACHE

USER>D ^%CD

Namespace: EHR
    You're in namespace EHR
    Default directory is c:\intersystems\trycache\mgr\ehr\ EHR>S DUZ=1 D ^XUP

Setting up programmer environment
    This is a TEST account.

Terminal Type set to: C-VT100

You have 259 new messages.
    Select OPTION NAME: Press Enter Here
    EHR>D P^DI

VA FileMan 22.0

Select OPTION: 1 ENTER OR EDIT FILE ENTRIES

INPUT TO WHAT FILE: NEW PERSON// TASKMAN
    1 TASKMAN MONITOR (0 entries)
    2 TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS (1 entry)
    3 TASKMAN SNAPSHOT (0 entries)
    CHOOSE 1-3: 2 TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS (1 entry)
    EDIT WHICH FIELD: ALL//

Select TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS BOX-VOLUME PAIR: ?
    Answer with TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS BOX-VOLUME PAIR:
    EHR:CACHEWEB NOTE THAT THIS IS WHAT YOU SELECT

You may enter a new TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS, if you wish
     Answer must be 3-30 characters in length.

The value for the current account is EHR:TRYCACHE <-NOTE that this is what you change it to
    Select TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS BOX-VOLUME PAIR: EHR:CACHEWEB
    BOX-VOLUME PAIR: EHR:CACHEWEB// EHR:TRYCACHE
    RESERVED:^
    but the end of this order i dont know what key I press to run the command!!!??

• Ashwant

Ashwant - 2014-08-08

Hi, we run a small practice in NY. We want an EHR to connect with Labcorp and quest. is there a solution with you? you may send info to royashwant@gmail.com