Menu

Strange "bug"

chromax
2017-07-17
2019-04-08
  • chromax

chromax - 2017-07-17

Hi,

I use a second monitor attached with HDMI on latest Windows 10. It uses a Intel HD chipset and on the second monitor, the top row can´t be reserved. When I set it for Display 2, it is reserved on Display 1. I also tested to swap the primary/secondary monitor in windows with no luck. The space is always reserved on Display 1, never on 2.

Maybe I´m not the only one with this.

• Jonathan Thompson

I can confirm that bug, as well as the reserved areas not being freed correctly on Windows 10. Honestly I don't use that feature any longer myself so it's low on my priority list. If I get some free time I'll look into it though. I figure it has to be some changes that came about to the APIs in use with Windows 10.

• chromax

chromax - 2017-12-17

I also don´t use windows anymore. Since creators fall update it seem's generally acting strange.

• Jakub

Jakub - 2017-12-25

I got a strange bug, On startup it loops workspace shrinkage till theres no space left and eats all cpu. It also kills explorer.exe on click. All after last Windows 10 update.

• Jonathan Thompson

Jakub I haven't experienced that myself. I'm still running it on my laptop and desktop computers, both running the most current version of Win10 Enterprise. As of the upgrade yesterday that is build 1803. I would start by resetting the stored settings by deleting the settings.xml file located at "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Workspace Utilities"

• Tim Haynes

Tim Haynes - 2019-04-08

I am having the same issue as Jakub, on a fully patched 1809 Windows 10 Pro. In fact, I have only ever had this issue with this software, it has never worked for me whenever I've tried it.

Last edit: Tim Haynes 2019-04-08