From: Max Muller <maxmuller@ma...> - 2003-02-18 02:35:36
This past weekend I ran into an issue where an ERX app that I use for
some backend processing was generating incorrect encodings. In tracking
down the issue what I realized was that what I really want was to be
able to override form value encoding on a per browser type basis. This
way if I need an app to perform some backend processing I can set a
different "user-agent" and get UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoding for those
messages and ISO-Latin-1 for English/HTML requests. By default this
ability is disabled, however if you have ever run into the situation
where you need to support different encodings for different types of
requests from within the same application you might want to take a
look. This is in addition to all the great work that Tatsuya and Anjo
have done to automatically set default encodings on a per-language
basis. Questions and feedback welcome.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.