Current wlassistant 0.5.7 wasn't working for me. What weird is, every command performed by wlassistant was correct. So, under curiosity I tried turning on some logging lines in watools.cpp. I found out that after doing iwconfig, wlassistant will found out that the quality available for wireless is 0. Soon, I discovered that it was caused by indeaquate sleep time. Currently it is hardcoded to do 200ms usleep after iwconfig. Apparently it wasn't enough for my laptop. I made it to do an extreme 5000ms usleep. Voila, it works.
So, I believe wlassistant should have a configurable usleep before checking connectivity after doing iwconfig.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.