We have just released the 0.3pre3 version of Wing Linux for testing:
Enhancements in this release are many:
* Root filesystem was created using a build system commited to SVN, instead of by copying files off my phone -- it's reproduceable!
* The DPI setting of Android has been changed to fit our smaller screens a bit better. The phone dialer still has overlapping buttons, but you can now read the letters on the bottom of them and using them is much easier.
* The Angstrom system has been pared down to a simpler console-only system to save space. It now just sits in the background, and Android loads automatically.
* No more SD card partitioning is necessary! Simply unzip and enjoy!
* Console access is available through USB as always
* Android keyboard and button support is now 99% complete (only missing mappings for a couple of the side buttons). Arrow keys / direction pad works as expected, and alpha / symbol mappings are correct per WM6 settings, so you can use the keyboard like you're used to. Thanks neoobs!
Log in to post a comment.