wineasio apps kill the jack server

Help
Anonymous
2012-05-04
2013-01-27
  • Anonymous - 2012-05-04

hi
    Im trying to install wineasio 9.0 in a ubuntu 12.04 with a wine 1.5.3 and jackd2 1.5.8 and
    when i try launch any wineasio aplication jack stops it self and if i try to start it again i cant see any conection about wineasio in qjackctl and no asio devices in the device options of the aplication, and if i try make any sound with it with the wine sound mapper, the sound is crackling and poping a lot:
    if i do:
    env WINEDEBUG=+asio wine '/home/xxx/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/FXpansion/Geist/Geist.exe'
    it shows me

p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: no se puede abrir el archivo del objeto compartido: No existe el archivo o el directorio
        C:\users\xxx\Application Data\FXpansion
        C:\users\xxx\Application Data\FXpansion\Geist
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [ SynthInfo::InitializeSynthCustom - START ]
         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [ Start - START ]
         [ Start - END ] 0.0439
        [ SynthInfo::InitializeSynthCustom - END ] 0.0442
        VRegistry::ReadStringForKeyAbsolute: Registry read error, key not found.
        No such file or directory
        No such file or directory
        ASIO names[0]:WineASIO Driver
        trace:asio:DllMain hInstDLL: 0x7c990000, fdwReason: 1 lpvReserved: (nil))
        trace:asio:DllGetClassObject rclsid: {48d0c522-bfcc-45cc-8b84-17f25f33e6e8}, riid: {00000001-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}, ppv: 0x32e2b8)
        trace:asio:CF_AddRef iface: 0x7c9a2588, ref has been set to 2
        trace:asio:CF_CreateInstance iface: 0x7c9a2588, pOuter: (nil), riid: {48d0c522-bfcc-45cc-8b84-17f25f33e6e8}, ppobj: 0x10c0249c)
        trace:asio:CF_CreateInstance Creating the WineASIO object
        trace:asio:WineASIOCreateInstance riid: {48d0c522-bfcc-45cc-8b84-17f25f33e6e8}, ppobj: 0x10c0249c
        trace:asio:WineASIOCreateInstance pobj = 0x156778
        trace:asio:WineASIOCreateInstance return 0x156778
        trace:asio:CF_Release iface 0x7c9a2588, ref has been set to 1
        trace:asio:Init iface: 0x156778, sysRef: 0x10036
        Cannot lock down 68157440 byte memory area (No se pudo asignar memoria)
        Cannot lock down 4196401152 byte memory area (No se pudo asignar memoria)
        Cannot lock down 25165824 byte memory area (No se pudo asignar memoria)
        trace:asio:Init JACK client opened as: ''
        trace:asio:Init 32 IOChannel structures allocated
        trace:asio:Init 32 IOChannel structures initialized
        You cannot set callbacks on an active client
        Cannot unlock down 68157440 byte memory area (No se pudo asignar memoria)
        Cannot unlock down 4196401152 byte memory area (No se pudo asignar memoria)
        err:asio:Init Unable to register JACK process callback
        trace:asio:GetErrorMessage iface: 0x156778, string: 0x32e418)
        trace:asio:DllMain hInstDLL: 0x7c990000, fdwReason: 2 lpvReserved: (nil))
        Pa_StartStream: waveInStart returned = 0x0.
        ALSA lib pcm.c:7339:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred
        ALSA lib pcm.c:7339:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

and i dont know what i have to do for fix it
    if somebody here can showme the light please it will be great
    thanks

• Peter L Jones

Peter L Jones - 2012-05-04

Have you tested with something other than the one program (Geist)?

Your JACK2 version number looks wrong. I'd expect 1.9.8. Can you check all the version numbers are quoted correctly.

Are you starting jackd before running Geist? If so, what connections are showing at that point in qjackctl?  Can you run any other programs that use JACK?

Are you saying the connections that were present before running Geist disappear when you run it?

I'm somewhat confused about where you're looking for ASIO connections and what you're saying you're seeing.  You should see an ASIO driver option in your software, regardless of whether wineasio is running, if your software supports ASIO.  If you select that, assuming you've installed wineasio correctly, it should be listed as an option.  By the look of the trace, you are seeing it and you are selecting it, otherwise it wouldn't be running.

(There are no ASIO options in WINE itself.)

• Anonymous - 2012-05-04

yes sorry maybe im not explainme correct i dont talk englih.

Have you tested with something other than the one program (Geist)?

Yes with minimonta what i m sure what it works years ago and with a game warhammer 40000.dawn if war
    The version of jack is jackd2 1.5.8~dfsg.1-1ubuntu1

Are you starting jackd before running Geist? If so, what connections are showing at that point in qjackctl? Can you run any other programs that use JACK?

Yes of course i first start jack with no problems or well i think so.

First i only see in the audio tab of qjackctl firewire pcm's routed to pulseaudio jack sink and source, in the midi just firewire_pcm and inside alsa 14:Midi Through.

Yes all the sound of my system work with jackd becouse i only have a firewire audio interface and it works as expected

Are you saying the connections that were present before running Geist disappear when you run it?

Yes, all the jack stops and i can see now how something is tring to put the conetion for a second and then all stops.

I'm somewhat confused about where you're looking for ASIO connections and what you're saying you're seeing. You should see an ASIO driver option in your software

But no im not seeing asio conections in the geist options only wine sound mapper, in winecfg i have only alsadrv

• Peter L Jones

Peter L Jones - 2012-05-04

Are you running 32bit or 64bit software?

Please quote the jackd version, not the ubuntu package version.

What programs have you tried that connect successfully to the jackd server and use it for audio - just pulseaudio?

Can you disable pulseaudio before running anything that uses wineasio?

Ideally try some other software like Reaper.  This should at least list an ASIO driver, regardless of whether wineasio starts up (as it has its own).  Then see if Geist can see Reaper's ASIO driver.

WINE knows nothing about ASIO, so you will never see anything in winecfg for ASIO connections.  Once upon a time, a long long time ago, they were there.  It was a dreadful mistake, should never have happened and now are not there.

• Markus Roeckelein

Hi,

I also had problems with the original jackd2 package in Ubuntu 12.04. I do not remember if it was the same or another problem, but wineasio simply did not work. 12.04 seems to contain a modified jack 1.9.8 version.

So I "simply" compiled jack2 from the original source code and overwrote the Ubuntu package with sudo ./waf install. Actually it was not so simple with the mixed 32/64 bit environment, package ia32libs does not exist anymore and many 32 bit libs have to be installed manually.  An alternative could be the installation of jack2 from KXStudio.

• Joakim Hernberg

Joakim Hernberg - 2012-05-31

I would add that ubuntu seems to always be broken when it comes to getting wineasio running.  Best bet (and easiest) for ubuntu users is really to just add the kxstudio repos http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Main_Page  These repos have fixed jack binaries, and comes with already compiled wineasio binaries for both 32 and 64bit.  It even has wine-rt binaries which might help to run windows asio software at low latency in linux.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks