Menu

Struggle to successfully compile wineasio.dll

Help
Pete
2012-12-02
2013-01-27
  • Pete

Pete - 2012-12-02

I haven't been able to sucessfully compile wineasio.dll  I receive no error.  I simply fail to acquire a .dll file as a result.  I'm not sure exactly what the output is, but examining the contents of a created .deb file reveals the /usr/lib directory does not contain a subdirectory of wine which should contain wineasio.dll  Instead a file with the name wine is created with size of 129756.  I thought this was a simple failure of file naming, but renaming the file and attempting to call regsvr32 on the renamed file doesn't achieve desire results.

This is the formula for my failure.  Hopefully someone spots my mistake or recreates my failure and knows the fix:
    #acquire asio.h from http://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/company/developer/sdk_download_portal/asio_sdk.html
    #install wine 1.5
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install wine1.5
    sudo apt-get install winetricks
    sudo apt-get install wine1.5-dev
    sudo apt-get install libjack-jackd2-dev
    sudo apt-get install qjackctl
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    cd ~./Downloads/
    wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/wineasio/files/wineasio-0.9.0.tar.gz/download
    #extract the download then proceed
    cd ./wineasio
    #I assume asio.h is in this directory ~/Downloads/ASIOSDK2/common
    cp  ~/Downloads/ASIOSDK2/common/asio.h ./
    sudo make
    #to avoid actual installation just to view the .deb file contents
    sudo apt-get install checkinstall
    sudo checkinstall -install=no
    #extract the contents of the .deb file then proceed
    cd wineasio_*-1_i386/usr/lib
    #view the wine file and notice there is no existing wineasio.dll file

I'm not sure how to proceed with this if it is a bug or a mistake on my part.

Details of my environment:
    Fresh install of Ubuntu Studio 12.04 32 bit
    2GB RAM
    320 GB HDD

I have attempted this on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit and met with exact same results.  I also have tried different versions of wineasio and they all achieve the same behavior.

• Pete

Pete - 2012-12-02

I forgot to add how I got around a gcc compiler error.  Add the following just before calling "sudo make"
    #Due to errors encountered during compilation for wineasio add the following
    sudo apt-get install gcc-4.5-multilib