Menu

Problem compiling wineasio ond amd64 Debian

Help
Juliano
2015-06-24
2015-06-25
  • Juliano

Juliano - 2015-06-24

Hi! I have a Debian 8 amd64, and I'm trying to install wineasio.

So, I downloaded wineasio, extracted it to a folder, downloaded ASIO SDK from Steinberg and copied the asio.h file into the wineasio folder.

Now I am trying to compile by the command 'make' as a normal user, but I get this error:

winegcc -shared -m32 wineasio.dll.spec -mnocygwin -L/usr/lib32/wine -L/usr/lib32 -o wineasio.dll.so asio.o main.o regsvr.o -ljack -lodbc32 -lole32 -lwinmm -luuid
    make: winegcc: Command not found
    Makefile:114: recipe for target 'wineasio.dll.so' failed
    make: *** [wineasio.dll.so] Error 127

Can anyone help me? Thanks :)

• Joakim Hernberg

Joakim Hernberg - 2015-06-24

I think you are missing some -dev package (I am not familiar with debian anymore). Try installing wine-dev or similar. Also watch out for the 32b support as it looks like you are compiling 32b wineasio for use on a 64b system. This is something that works somewhat different on all distros...

• Juliano

Juliano - 2015-06-25

After some struggle I solved the problem. I installed wine-dev like you said, but it still didn't work. Turns out that the wineasio Makefile was trying to compile with the command winegcc, while in wine-dev package the command was winegcc32. I just changed this into the makefile and I was able to compile :)

Thanks for the help.