Menu

wineasio on OSX

Anonymous
2012-03-10
2014-11-10
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-03-10

I am wondering whether this group is yet maintaining and/or supporting JackWASIO, which is the OSX port of wineasio that
    actually works.  The person who did it used to keep the binaries on the net, but its gone now.  The source is here:

http://jackosx.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jackosx/JackWASIO/

From discussions in the past I believe the issue was related to semaphores and differences between linux and OSX, which is why your current version of wineasio does not work on OSX. 

In any case, I have been asking around and this is the only way to really use Jack with Wine on OSX and I can attest that it works, but it would be great if one of the related open source communities would take ownership of this.  He put the source into the JackOSX repository, but they aren't doing anything with it there or even compiling it. 

• Steve

Steve - 2012-04-23

Or better yet, does anyone know if the refactored changes in 0.9 now compile and work on OSX?  Is anyone building it?

• Joakim Hernberg

Joakim Hernberg - 2012-05-31

I know of no one that has made this work.  Sorry!

• Steve

Steve - 2014-11-10

I have managed to compile your latest code on OSX and would love to get the small changes incorporated into the mainline. How can we go about that?