Menu

Where does WinDjView stores it's bookmarks?

Dims
2010-08-26
2018-09-28
  • Dims

Dims - 2010-08-26

So, this is the question: where does WinDjView stores it's bookmarks?

• Timofey

Timofey - 2012-01-09

Is stores bookmarks in the Windows' registry:

• The Godfather

The Godfather - 2012-01-11

Why? Why in the registry? I remember bookmarks were stored in special files ".bookmarks" near the .djvu file. When and why was it change?

• lpdbw

lpdbw - 2013-09-12

Can you give some more details? I do not find the file with the bookmarks. Where is Windows' registry?

• Roman Beslik

Roman Beslik - 2015-10-18

I remember that in Windows you can export a branch of the registry into a file. Thus you can backup and copy your bookmarks.

• Carlos Valenzuela

You have to execute Regedit.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001348.htm

Then, executing Regedit, you have to export the folder called "Documents". The parth for this folder is HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Andrew Zhezherun/WinDjView/Documents

This main folder is full of secondary folders with random names. If you click in one of this folders, called, for example 003F48F1B3ED8CCF6E909615D7F149E3, you can see that it has an archive called "last-known-location". The data for this location is the path of your DjVu archives, your DjVuDocument files, in your computer, - like C:/Books/History/WorldWarTwo.djvu, and contains your Bookmarks and the key for the last page viewed.

You have to export the folder Documents, as I have said, and then, in your new computer import this folder in the same place.

• b0bcat

b0bcat - 2018-09-28

Is there any means of DISABLING WinDjView's logging in Windows Registry all the djvu files ever opened on the relevant computer, which it does irrespective of whether or not any bookmarks are saved?