Consider removing the pragma warning

2009-03-31
2013-05-28
  • Todor Totev

Todor Totev - 2009-03-31

Please consider removing the #pragma warning directives from wincore.h. This file usually sits in a precompiled header and efectively re-defines the settings for the whole project. Which at least is not very polite and at most can hide bugs in code not related to Win32++. My quick tests, compiling the Notepad and Docking samples with these lines commented out, revealed that Visual Studio 2008 SP1 does not give these warnings. I cannot check with older compilers though. If you cannot compile warning free without these, can you at least revert them back to their default state at the end of win32++ headers?

• Todor Totev

Todor Totev - 2009-03-31

Sorry for off-topic question. I tried to search the answer in Source Forge docs but no luck. Can I edit my forum posts for grammar/spelling mistakes?

• David

David - 2009-04-01

Simply removing these pragma warnings is likely to upset more people than it would please, so I'm reluctant to do that.  They are there primarily to hide bugs and annoyances in previous versions of Microsoft compilers.

Its good to see that that the current Microsoft compiler doesn't have these bugs and annoyances. Perhaps disabling the pragma warnings for VS2008 and above is the best option.

As for editing your posts ...
      SourceForge doesn't have this feature (as far as I'm aware). I'm afraid we're stuck with all our spelling mistakes.

Regards,
      David

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks