Menu

Building Problems

Help
mph
2010-04-25
2013-04-17
  • mph

mph - 2010-04-25

Hi.  I'm a newbie and having some problems building Wilma from source on a Debian Linux system running a 2.6.28 kernel.

1) I downloaded trunk and followed the instructions about setting the JAVA_HOME (/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun) and WILMA_HOME then executing the ./build script.  I got a lot of errors suggesting that it couldn't find my java 3D jars.  I had copied them (vecmath, j3d-core, j3d-utils) into /usr/share/java as per my understanding of the Debian Java policy.  Is there something else I should change or something I should check about my configuration?

2) after the above problem, I decided to use Eclipse to checkout from CVS as suggested in the doc page.  I eventually figured out I needed SVN and added subclipse to do the checkout.  I added the java3D jars to the build path but still got errors because it was looking for the package org.wilmascope.areaChart3D instead of org.wilmascope.areachart3D.

I'm happy to help update some of the documentation if that is helpful (and if someone checks that I really understand what I'm writing!)

• mph

mph - 2010-04-25

I figured it out.  Just had to put the java 3d lib/ files into  /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/lib instead of /usr/share/

-mph