When trying to use wikicode to link from
meta.wikipedia.org to <A
I found that the "Wikipedia:" in my link was being
taken as a language designator by the parser. As a
result my link was not pointing to the right place
unless I entered "en:" or "Wikipedia:" onto the front,
giving [[en:Wikipedia: Measurements_Debate]], and
making the link rather unsightly as en:Wikipedia:
Of course I could use a pipe to present a different
appearance, but I wasn't expecting the language
designator to hang around like that in the first place.
The prefixed colon suggested
didn't have any effect. I also tried appending a pipe
with no text to the end, like was suggested <A
but this caused the parser to not interpret it as a link.
Log in to post a comment.