The attached file is a quick patch adding support for the 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator to the OS X version of OIS 1.2. The device appears as a joystick with 6 axes and 2 buttons.
- the patch relies on the 3Dconnexion framework, not the HID / IOKit
- the SpaceExplorer should also work (with 15 buttons) but it's untested
- only one device is supported
- the axis values are those returned by the driver (supposedly x, y, z, rx, ry, rz)
- the XCode projects are not updated by the patch, the Mac3DX .h and .cpp must be added to the projects manually and the 3Dconnexion framework must be added to the relevant targets (or weakly linked with them)