From: Ian Bicking <ianb@im...> - 2005-05-26 22:45:45
This announces the 0.2 release of ZPTKit. ZPTKit helps make Zope Page
Templates easy and reliable to use with Webware.
Changes in 0.2
Note: no public APIs were changed with this release.
* Fixed problem where macro templates were not being cached.
* Now caches all templates more aggressively. These two fixes should
have a considerable impact on performance.
* Cleanup and simplification.
* Distutils-based distribution.
* Some small improvements to the HTML->text renderer.
* When used in Paste, does not override exception handling.
* Builds on the recently-release Component package; you do not need
change your servlet inheritance hierarchy to use ZPTKit (to learn
more about Component: http://wiki.w4py.org/component.html).
* Adds a straight-forward separatation between model (Python
Servlets) and view (Page Templates).
* Templates are compiled, refreshed, and cached as needed.
* Nested directories so that, for example, client-specific templates
can selectively override generic templates.
* Convenient functions to send HTML emails based on a template, with
a text alternative.
* Shows Zope-style exceptions which show the context of the template
when an error occurs.
* MIT-style license.
Features of ZPT:
* Language is based on the structure of HTML.
* Unrendered templates are valid HTML and can be viewed in a
* Macro system gives a high degree of flexibility in your site-wide
* Mature and documented language.
* Sharing technologies can ease a transition from Zope, or make a
heterogeneous environment with both Webware and Zope applications
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.