The re-organization of the site seems to have introduced a severe bug. I
cannot explain why it would have been triggered by the re-organization,
but since it manifested itself on Friday, I have to conclude that this is
The problem is that some of the groups pages no longer can be edited:
If you go
to the edit tab of a group presentation page, you get the error:
list index out of range
The error has to do with the i18nlayer, a wrapper we use to be able to
present a document in several different language versions.
I do not know the reason why this is broken. In addition, the error
message stems from parts of the code which is part of the main server,
so I cannot easily fix it. Of course I'll keep looking for a solution,
but until I figure it out, here's how you can fix a page that you want to
* Go to the page, cut and paste the text into some other application, for
* Go to the "advanced interface" by clicking on the small folder icon to
* Click on the name of the document (its Type will be i18nlayer). This will
give you the error message mentioned above.
* In the left-hand column, you'll now have a box called "Languages".
Click on the link "Manage Languages"
* Delete the language version that you want to edit.
* Then add the same language again, using the "Add language" interface.
* Copy back the text from the application you saved to in the first step.
* Save the document. Now it should be OK again, and you can edit it as you like.
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, I hope I soon discover what is the
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.