I am doing a rewrite of this application and hope to have a working version on par with the current release (0.5.0) shortly.
Some changes planned:
* Remove ImageMagick crutch - replaced with Perl module 'Imager' (makes install/configuration MUCH easier).
* Code cleanup/effeciency (learned some new tricks)
* Cleanup of user interface.
* Much more error checking/interaction in GUI - popup windows etc.
* More help and information on how to use (tooltips, guides, and developer notes).
* Skip option for near duplicate pictures (thanks jon)
* more output features like multipage views, file size etc.
* Adding a status bar when processing images so application doesn't look 'frozen'.... read more
I have uploaded Webpic 0.5.0 and I have updated the webpic homepage with more information etc.
I have fixed a lot of bugs and added a few really useful features to the next release and hope to get it out the door this weekend.
Maybe I'll even have a bit of time to do some installation instructions and clean up the website.
Uploaded CVS tree and setup http://webpic.sourceforge.net/. This is the first submission.