SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Logon seems fine, files not listed

Help
2007-08-31
2013-04-16
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I have installed Webdisk just fine and have domain logons working it seems, however instead of receiving a listing of files and folders within a user's home directory, I get the error:

[1] Unable to connect: smb://IP_ADDRESS/USERNAME/ (jCIFS: smb://IP_ADDRESS/USERNAME/)

(actual ip and username do show up correctly).

While this seems like the connection actually did fail - I still get the forms for creating files and folders and uploads at the bottom - and when I upload or create a file - they actually get added into that user's home on the server.  So, it seems like Webdisk is just having trouble listing these files.  Has anyone else seen this in the current version (.44)?

Thanks for your help!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

you can check your credentials and make sure the user is not locked and has the right permissions on the folder.
      Also you can check the Tomcat console output (maybe in a logfile called catalina.out).
      A firewall can also restrict access to your file server.

bye
      Thomas

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have checked out these items.  The permissions for the given user are correct - a normal SMB connection works properly. 

I also checked the logfile, catalina.out and see nothing that stands out - no errors from the webdisk webapp.  The log level within webdisk is set to 2 (default), is there a preferred level (I tried 10 as well and there was too much information there to be useful)?

As for the firewall - are there extra ports beyond TCP:8080 that I should be concerned for webdisk?  I don't have any strange rules set.

Thanks again for your help!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

What server do you use (name / version) ? Do you use DFS ?
        You can check the settings for SMB signing on your server: Is it disabled ?
        If not, you can try to disable it and restart the server and the webdisk.
        See:
        http://simple-groupware.de/cms/WebDisk/Limitations

bye
        Thomas

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I am using Samba Version 3.0.23c-2.el5.2.0.2 as my file server (RHEL5), and am mounting an NFS disk which corresponds to the home directories.  This server does join a domain, but it is only used for authentication.  Let me know if you would like any more information.  I appreciate your help with this!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

What happens if you access a share with the webdisk that is based on the local file system (no NFS) ? Can you test a machine with the latest Samba 3.0.25b ?

bye
        Thomas

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Thomas,

I just created a test share (fully writable) on the local disk and see the same behaviour when connecting using webdisk.  I get the permission error (shown above) and I cannot see any of the files, but when I run a create file/folder/upload operation (per the controls at the bottom), that works fine - it is just that nothing is listed.  I may be able to build another machine and test with the latest Samba (it will probably have to be a Fedora 7 machine) - but I can't on the current machine since it is a production file server - and Red Hat hasn't approved the newest version for EL5 yet...  Thanks for the help and if you can think of anything in the meantime while I try to get a test machine up, feel free to post it.  Take care!