Webmin version 1.020 is now available for download from
http://www.webmin.com/ and mirror sites. New features in
this version include :
* Webmin now generates an SSL key at install time, instead of using a
built-in key. Anyone using it in SSL mode must generate their own
key, as the built-in one is insecure because everyone has access
to it! This can be done within Webmin on the SSL Encryption page of
the Webmin Configuration module
* The Webmin RPM uses SSL mode by default if you have openssl and
* Fixed bugs that could cause the miniserv.pl process to use up all
available CPU time
* Added the OpenSLP Server module, which was previously separate
* Ported Webmin to Redhat 8.0 and SuSE 8.1
If you have been running Webmin in SSL mode, you *must* generate a
new SSL key that is unique to your system. I only recently found out
that anyone with a copy of your SSL key file can decrypt all traffic.
Because almost everyone using Webmin uses the same included key
file, their SSL traffic is vulnerable to snooping! Fortunately, this
version makes it easy to generate your own key using the SSL Encryption
page of the Webmin Configuration module.
Also available is Usermin 0.960, which includes the same SSL key fix,
a new Mount Filesystems module, support for non-readable /home directory
in the file manager, and several other small fixes.
As always, please send me any bug reports or feature suggestions that you
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.