Hi Webmin users,
The 2.30 version of Virtualmin, a virtual hosting control panel for Webmin, is
now available for download from http://www.virtualmin.com. Virtualmin is a
Webmin module designed to simplify the process of setting up virtual
domains, and can manage Apache, BIND, Sendmail/Postfix, MySQL and
This release contains the following major improvements :
* Aliases for virtual servers can be created, to add an additional domain name
to an existing server.
* Support for web bandwidth monitoring has been added. Limits can be defined for
each server, which when exceeded can cause an email to be sent to the owner,
and/or the server disabled.
* A new feature has been added - Logrotate, for periodically rotating virtual
* The Qmail mail server can now be used, along with Sendmail and Postfix. Only
the basic Qmail functionality is needed, not vpopmail.
* All global configuration settings used when creating servers, such as Apache
directives, DNS records and skeleton files are now defined in server templates.
When creating a new virtual host, you can select which template to use, allowing
multiple standard configurations to be defined.
* A virtual server can now be created without a Unix user or without a home directory,
if it is used for aliasing or DNS hosting only.
* Support has been added for third-party plugins, which can define additional features
available to virtual servers and mailboxes.
* There are also bunch of other bugfixes and small improvements.
Thanks to TextDrive, Linulex and Omar Armas for sponsoring some of these features!
As always, let me know about any bugs you find or new features that
you think should go in.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.