access to usermin as a website

Usermin
mediaf
2008-12-12
2013-05-21
  • mediaf

mediaf - 2008-12-12

Hello,
    I noticed that the usermin demo is available at http://usermin-demo.virtualmin.com
    As my web server is behind a firewall blocking port 20000, il would like to know how I can configure usermin to be accessed as a normal website on port 80 ? 

• Frank Laczko Jr.

In webmin goto the Usermin configuration then to "Ports and Addresses" and put 80 in the field next to "Listen on a specific port"

I assume you are not serving anything else publicly to the world on port 80?

• mediaf

mediaf - 2009-03-10

Hello,
        Thanks for your answer.
        In fact my server is a web server containing 80 different virtual sites.
        It's the reason why I would like to offer usermin to my customers, in order for them to administrate some parts of their virtual servers.
        It's also the reason why I can't simply use the port 80 to use usermin, so I'm wondering how I can configure usermin to run like a virtual server, with is own domain name or subdomain or why not in a subdirectory of an existing website.

• gandolf

gandolf - 2009-03-16

DONT DO IT!! this is more complicated than you think. webmin/usermin run their own web server. i once read how to do that and it was needlessly complex. and supported? unless you are a good perl programmer, i discourage this. FAR EASIER TO SET THE FIREWALL - BY FAR.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks