Java applet isn't showing Swedish characters å,ä,and ö and giving errors when moving files

• bookie56

bookie56 - 2014-01-14

Hi guys!
    I have a Swedish install of Debian 7 Wheezy with Webmin installed and have mounted a temp ntfs drive with lots of .wim files I want to move to ext4 drives for storage.

The .wim files are not created with Swedish characters but the folders the .wim files are stored in are.

I have uploaded a pic of the warning from java and the name Gunnar Östman has symbols instead of "Ö" strangely the error isn't coming up on all folders with the 3 Swedish characters...?!

Can this be sorted?

I am adding a picture of my post here in case some have problems seeing Swedish characters.

Last edit: bookie56 2014-01-14
  • bookie56

bookie56 - 2014-01-16

Hi again!
    I was led to Believe that the support Community here was brilliant....has everyone gone on holiday?

Webmin, as far as I can see, isn't the is the applet java that is throwing up errors....

I thought the development of java was next to nonexistant now....isn't there a better solution?

The problem of locale across different formats is old news and shouldn't be a problem what gives?

• bookie56

bookie56 - 2014-01-18

Sorry, but this is the worst support I have ever posted on...

Total waste of effort!!