Custom Commnads > File Editor specify wild card for user name in File to edit

Webmin
Efin
2013-10-07
2013-10-29
  • Efin

Efin - 2013-10-07

I'm wanting to use webmin for controlling a game server for several users. So far its working out but I want to use the Custom Commnads > File Editor to edit two cfg files in a directory with the following structure

/home/user_name/.xonotic/data/server.cfg and /home/user_name/.xonotic/data/cutom.cfg

In order to make things WAY simpler for administrating the usersand not having to clone the Custom Commands for each user it would be nice if I could insert a variable into above path like this /home/%1/.xonotic/data/server.cfg and Webmin would insert the users name into the variable when they use the file editor through their account.

Is this possible?

• gandolf

gandolf - 2013-10-29

i dont know. you are talking about a webmin script served to usermin users. this is a very user permissioned system and this would require you to modify the features management offered to any user. and its quite a bureaucracy albeit a wonderful and amazing one. it's perl and as i recall rather object array oriented and i doubt any alteration would stick on an update.