Menu

Multiple Dedicated servers - splitting services

Dazza
2022-03-10
2022-03-11
  • Dazza

Dazza - 2022-03-10

I have been using Webmin/ Virtualmin for years and know them reasonably well to a degree?!
    I now run 3 seperate dedicated servers, all running Webmin / Virtualmin
    One of the server hosts approximately 20 domains for different clients.
    The other 2 I'm playing around with in the hope of splitting services and loads between them.
    The main server (XEON 12 Thread, 64GB, 500GB NVMEs) and the secondary server (8 thread, 8 GB 250GB SSD) I wish to use for hosting and posibly run a number of VPS for experimenting with.
    I only have one ip4 ip address on each but have 1000's of available ipv6 adresses available.
    Is it possible with webmin/virtualmin to seperated mail server, mysql and httpd, etc to seperate servers but controlled within the interface.
    IE Setup a website with its own email and databases etc hosted on seperate servers. I can find limited info regarding this.
    Can I have primary mail server on one server, maybe with the mysql and have webhosting on another etc.
    Lastly can Webmin hadle failover setups in modern times. The best I have configured is backing up of websites to the other servers but is still a hassle if anything should fail.
    My ideal setup (in my head) is :
    Server 1 (64GB) - hosting services and a couple of vps for personal testing development with backup mail server, slave DNS etc
    Server 2 (8GB) - mail server (primary for all domains), backup mysql and slave DNS etc
    Server 3 (4GB) - Primary DNS, backup storage, and hosting services for failover etc.
    I also want everything possible to run IPv6 wherever suitable and for security etc.
    Currently running Centos7 on all servers.

• Dazza

Dazza - 2022-03-11

I gather thats a no.
    Decided I'm going to reformat the main server and setup what I can manually and then see how Webmin handles it. If no good I may need to go to VPS setups for each service so may need to go with KVM and start again.