Existing DNS Zones dont show up

• miglincit

miglincit - 2010-04-20

I migrated my home-server to a new pc and therefore copied all configuratiobn files from the old server to the new one.

Along with that i changed from Debian Etch to Debian Lenny, with all updated programms…..
    E.g. Webmin changed from 1.470 to 1.510, BIND changed from 9.3.4-P1.2 to 9.5.1-P3.

I also changed minor settings: e.g. the Namesserver changed from the old PC to the new one…
    It works for all the client pc in my lan, but not for the new server itself, and in Webmin (on the new server), the are NO additional "Existing DNS Zones" listed/shown. If i try to add such a zone using the gui of webmin, i get an error: this zone exists (true, because the file is there) - but still does not show up…

Any suggestions ?

thnx from Vienna/AUSTRIA

• gandolf

gandolf - 2010-10-18

DEPENDS… chrooted? in webmin, BIND DNS Server > Module Config > Full path to the named.conf file use the absolute path (not full, not relative) ie.. /etc/named.conf   also make sure not to end those paths with the '/'. and also in your named.conf you should have in options {       directory       "/var/named"; } or whatever the absolute is - again without the '/' trailing. in any case, i believe that PATHING is the key to your problem - ps. i dont recall debians bind name or pathing but it is a great system.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks