Themes and Cascading Style Sheets

2005-03-23
2013-05-22
  • aveatquevale

aveatquevale - 2005-03-23

Is CSS supported for themes? I haven't seen any examples of themes based on CSS rather than attribute tags scattered throughout the HTML, but perhaps I've just missed them.

• Anonymous - 2005-03-23

Hello,

if you want to create a theme with CSS you are welcome to do so. In the end please keep in mind that your theme may not be viewable in text-only browsers like lynx or links.

There are admins out there who are using these browsers and to my knowledge they do not support CSS.

kind regards

Martin
      Webmin Translation Team

• aveatquevale

aveatquevale - 2005-03-25

Thanks.  My intended application for webmin (actually usermin) is not of a general nature, so I can assume the user population has a browser. I had not even thought about Lynx.   I am just using the framework for some custom applications, so I will be removing from usermin almost all the standard plugins.
         Subsequent to my post, I looked at the demo usermin site. It seems to use CSS, although a lot of tags bear attributes which can be avoided with CSS. I'll study it to see how it was done. If I make any noticeable discoveries, I'll contribute a short document.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks