#604 Internal Server Error (500) in CRON mod

0.990
closed
5
2002-08-27
2002-08-26
No

Getting an HTTP 500 - Internal server error when clicking
on CRON module.

Running Webmin v0.990 on RedHat 7.2

Can you suggest any troubleshooting steps? I have
another system running the same versions and working
just fine!

Discussion

  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2002-08-27

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=129364

    Does the error message say anything more that that, such as
    a which
    line of perl the error happened at? Some browsers (like IE)
    just report
    the 500 error, and not the additional info ..

     
  • Edward Greenspan

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=245026

    Once I have turned off the "Fiendly error messaegs" in IE I got
    the following error:

    Error - Missing Content-Type Header
    Failed to exec /usr/libexec/webmin/cron/index.cgi : No such
    file or directory

    I have then checked the file mentioned above and found that
    the ownership and groups were set to "3001" and "wheel"
    respectively (strange, since all my other boxes are set
    to "root" and "root").

    Changing the ownership did not fix the problem, however
    when I did a diff on the "index.cgi" file with a working system I
    found that the first line stated #!/usr/local/bin/perl instead of
    #!/usr/bin/perl.

    Once I have modifed that, everything started working fine!
    The strange thing is how did this happend? The only
    difference between servers is that the one that had a problem
    was upgraded from previous versions of Webmin.
    The "working" one was a brand new install of 0.990

     
  • Edward Greenspan

    • status: open --> closed
     
  • Edward Greenspan

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=245026

    Well, apparently all the files in cron directly had the wrong
    location of perl. I have simply reinstalled the cron module and
    all the problems were resolved.

    Thanks for "forcing" me to look at the error more carefully. :)

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2002-08-28

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=129364

    Sounds like something went wrong when the cron module update
    was automatically installed, which is rather surprising.
    Normally all perl
    paths and file ownerships are changed to be the same as the
    rest of
    your webmin install ..

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks