#416 MON userfile default

0.950
closed-fixed
5
2002-04-20
2002-04-05
No

Webmin sets the default to /monusers.cf which surely
isn't correct, a reasonable default would
be /etc/mon/monusers.cf.
I have found some other problems, but need to
investigate further. I just started playing around
with MON and maybe just made mistakes with its config.

Discussion

  • Kai Schätzl

    Kai Schätzl - 2002-04-05

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=280841

    There is another problem. The "Status" uses mon.cgi and
    apparently doesn't use the config file or parses only
    parts of it, f.i. it shows "BOFH@your.domain" as mail
    address whatever I put in there, although a direct call of
    mon.cgi shows it correctly.

     
  • Kai Schätzl

    Kai Schätzl - 2002-04-05

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=280841

    and another one: on "Edit Service" if I check "All" for
    the "Days to check" I get an error "Failed to save
    service : No days or hours specified for period 1"

    (Should I better add a new bug per MON error?)

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2002-04-06

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=129364

    The first problem is caused by webmin not handling the
    case where there is no cfbasedir = line in mon.cf,
    which I will fix in the next release.

    The problem with mon.cgi not parsing the right config
    file is out of my control unfortunately, as that CGI comes
    with mon and should know where to look :)

    The problem with the 'No days or hours specified' is not
    a bug - in the mon config file, you have to specify at
    least a period of hours or a period of days. Though you
    can just enter mon-sun to get every hour of every day.

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2002-04-06
    • status: open --> closed
     
  • Kai Schätzl

    Kai Schätzl - 2002-04-06

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=280841

    1.: I see. I don't use cfbasedir, because I use the
    default path.
    2.: mon.cgi. Don't think so, Jamie. I filled the variable
    with the config file path (absolute path!) in mon.cgi and
    it DOES use it when I call it directly as a cgi on the
    webserver. However, called from Webmin it doesn't use the
    config file.
    3.: Jamie, this is a bug in the Interface then. If you
    give me an option to check "All" Webmin should handle this
    case so that it inserts whatever MON wants to have
    for "All". Otherwise the option is just useless and should
    be removed. See, what I mean?

     
  • Kai Schätzl

    Kai Schätzl - 2002-04-06
    • status: closed --> pending
     
  • Kai Schätzl

    Kai Schätzl - 2002-04-06
    • status: pending --> open
     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2002-04-09

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=129364

    mon.cgi on my system seems to have the config file
    path hard-coded into it, but it has problems parsing it.
    The format it is expecting doesn't seem to be the same
    as the standard mon.cf, which will cause it to fail if
    you set them both to the same thing.

    As for the 'All' periods problem, I've found a way to get
    mon to monitor all the time if you select All for both
    the hours and days. I'll include it in the next webmin
    release ..

     
  • Kai Schätzl

    Kai Schätzl - 2002-04-20
    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     
  • Kai Schätzl

    Kai Schätzl - 2002-04-20

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=280841

    It's now working perfectly here. mon.cgi (I'm using
    mon.cgi v1.52 which is supposedly the latest) doesn't use
    any config file in default mode, the path for it is empty.
    Only if you put it in it is getting used. I tried both
    with an absolute ($moncgi_config_file = "/usr/lib/mon/cgi-
    bin/mon.cgi.cf";) and with a relativ path
    ($moncgi_config_file = "./mon.cgi.cf";). Both worked just
    fine when running mon.cgi directly. I tested now with
    Webmin 0.960 and it still didn't work. I then changed from
    relativ back to absolute (I had it left this way because
    it worked fine with mon.cgi directly) and everything's
    working fine now. Of course, the format is different to
    mon.cf because it's a different config file. There's a
    sample mon.cgi.cf in the tarball.
    The other problem with the All seems also to be fixed, I
    set the status to Closed.
    Thanks!

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks